Storage Auctions

Picked an Auction House!

Picked an Auction House!
« on: July 06, 2012, 11:48:13 PM »
Long story.....lol.....but, I ended up with this pretty cool old document from 1922, signed by one president and one future president!  Pretty sure it's real, came out of the estate of the guy on the form. 

Guess you never know until you have it checked out, but I thought it was worth taking the risk.  I just thought it was kind of cool and can keep it around.......if I end up making money off it later, all the better!

President Warren G. Harding, with the approval of congress, made Henry O'Malley of Washington, the Commissioner of Fish and Fisheries.  It has the presidential seal, it's signed by Warren G. Harding (I hope!) and Herbert Hoover, who was the Secretary of Commerce at the time, but went on to become President himself eventually. 

It's in an old, lacquered frame, and the document is in excellent condition.  I just think it's cool!

Re: Picked an Auction House!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 01:28:00 AM »
Congrats on the find. I love the local auction house. We actually have three. Two of them are pricey and are good to sell at but not so good to get bargains from. The other one has a lousy auctioneer and the prices usually are low. I picked up a Howard Miller mantel clock on Sunday for $35.00. It wasn't on the pre-posted list so had to take a chance on it as I had no research. Ends up that the retail price is over $1000.00.  Love finding deals like this.

xx
Auction House

Started by ConniesAuction

1 Replies
Last post March 14, 2011, 09:59:18 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Local Auction House

Started by Healthe

2 Replies
Last post April 25, 2011, 08:05:41 PM
by Healthe
xx
Anyone ever thought about your own auction house?

Started by jrossjr79

8 Replies
Last post December 21, 2011, 02:29:33 PM
by bwd111
thumbup
Live Auction House

Started by Countryside Auction

1 Replies
Last post April 29, 2010, 01:43:42 PM
by Drew