Storage Auctions

Whats the auction life in DFW area like?

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Whats the auction life in DFW area like?
« on: November 22, 2011, 08:09:57 AM »
Lets just say I may be moving down to Fort Worth within the next 8-10 months, whats the scene down there like?  Up here I have a sweet spot, do they exist down in DFW(Not asking where just if they exist)?  What are the auction bidder and lookey loos like?  I ask because some auctions here get 20 bidders and 80 or so lookers and some have 10 bidders and no lookers.  What are prices like? Here I see routine $300-1000 bids, so just curious if I can expect the same down south?

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Whats the auction life in DFW area like?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 12:58:17 AM »
Yeah, I know about the cultural differences(Aunt and Uncle live in DFW area).  Will be expecting cowboy knockoff $hit galore, but this is a move as the months go bye that looks inevitable.  When I say Michigan is bone dry for jobs for friends and family I mean it!  You live in Michigan now it's more dare I say luxury then need to.  I dont want to leave but there is no way I can stay.

I'd miss Michigan though.  Nothing says fun like 12" of snow and a RWD vehicle or Reverse doughnuts.  I'd also miss the fall colors(26 years of them).

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 11:05:03 AM »
There is probably not much difference in the auction scene other than the people where you live have funny accents and the people in Dallas say ya'll.

There are sweet spots in any city, you just have to know how to find them. The other references you made to the numbers of lookey loos and bid amounts seem about right.

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 01:47:20 AM »
What are the auction bidder and lookey loos like?  I ask because some auctions here get 20 bidders and 80 or so lookers and some have 10 bidders and no lookers.  What are prices like? Here I see routine $300-1000 bids, so just curious if I can expect the same down south?

that's prob the average range in dfw. I do see several under $300 pretty often.
That might go away with the new A&E showstorage wars Texas airing this month.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 08:19:05 PM »
So StorageAuctionBuddy,

I think I remember you, didn't I contact you asking you to quit pirating the photos on my website?
I also noticed that you're selling auction listings in Dallas & Houston areas. Didn't you do any research before you created your websites? You totally wasted your time and money. Not to be rude, but our companies are very well established as the authority in both areas. We subscribed to your list to see what it was about and it was quite disappointing. Do you actually get anyone to renew their subscription after their first month? Sorry, I'm not trying to belittle you, it just bothers me when people cheat other people out of their hard earned money and don't give them what they pay for. I hope that your subscribers realize that there are more than 300 auctions in the DFW area every month, not 15. :o

Dallas & Houston are already spoken for but I hear Chicago needs a list. Better luck elsewhere. ;)

Offline Leota

• View Profile
    • Donna's Resale Attic
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 11:08:32 AM »
It's actually the same as California. Except it gets hotter than California (at times) ;-)

xx
I never thought my first storage auction would change someones life...

Started by CubanDave

3 Replies
Last post August 28, 2012, 12:32:27 PM
by money4nothing
xx
whats a few of the best things u found at ur most recent auction?

Started by BigBizzz

6 Replies
Last post August 18, 2011, 05:20:15 PM
by jrossjr79
xx
Whats the Point in Bidding Online if I Can be Outbid at the Live Auction?

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post January 29, 2014, 09:30:14 PM
by Travis
xx
Never in my life...

Started by mrsmith

3 Replies
Last post September 12, 2012, 11:12:00 PM
by calcoastgal