Storage Auctions

Auction Hunters new season starting !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Auction Hunters new season starting !
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 09:11:07 PM »
The dynamic duo in West LA....Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Supposed to be 5 lkrs...down now to 1....and it's trash ! (some reality)

Next:

They go back to some pod-type lkrs they bought a week before.

They paid $775...probably make $3k profit if things go as usual.

No lights on the old receiver...to bad !
A big blue box...what will it be...yes...a priceless treasure ! (should bring $1K at least).
(they then announced their thoughts on the item and I was right on the money (in THEIR world).

Now for some vintage shoes.....how many K can they get on these ?

Now the man-tools container.
$50 for an old, small shop vac? Must be gold-plated !

Lkr has a Harley item !  (why can't I get those?)
Ton finds an "OMG!" item (something short of gold bars I'm sure).
Commercial !

More later in this post.

Shoe expert comes in....could we import him from LA when we find a pair
One pair of 1993 Nike's....$400.  Allen wants to get $4K for 23 pair of shoes....he gets.....??
You wouldn't believe me if I told you.  :-\

Big blue box comes into another expert...remember they predicted $1k....they got....a big surprise...
the expert didn't want to pay anything like that. They go to plan B and get $1300 for the blue box.

Now to yet another expert to talk Harley parts. I predict they will get $2500..stay tuned after the commerical.

OK, we're back....good news and bad news.....not all Harley is worth gold...some of it is worth platinum, especially if you're Allen and Ton !  ::)

I'll let you watch the rerun to see how they make out on the Harley stuff.

Once again the boys score bigger than big-time. I guess the rest of us just don't go to the same kind of auctions.

My prediction of $3K profit was way off....they made over $8K...next week they get a shoeless Joe Jackson card !

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 09:24:31 PM »
thought I had seen that guy before. I'm in atl also. but I like the way he does auctions. He calls it the texas style line up and walk by. I you want to see it again get back in line. And like they say the last bid is the only one that counts. With the big crowds that's the only way to go.

lol, wish thats how they did it here in San Antonio. They crowd the whole damn doorway, I am a short guy compared to most people there, 5'5". At least I can say the auctioneers dont start until everyone sees. MMMM, good thing or bad thing. Guess good for me since I am so short, lol.

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 11:31:18 PM »
Well, at least you should be able to crowd in there and see all the good stuff close to the floor! ;D

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 09:27:21 PM »
Tuesday, May 3, 2011....

They do it again. A 1984 Yamaha snowmobile....under a cover; rest of locker was crap furniture. Can you say setup?

Next locker...Robby the Robot, first a repro, then the original.  Oh no, Shoeless Joe Jackson stuff....these guys
have their own MINT when it comes to finding good stuff. As my old granny used to say..."take me out and bury me decent."

Hank Aaron autographed baseball!

1920 ball glove....IF Joe Jackson would be worth 15 to 20K.

I need to follow these guys and just outbid them!

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 09:34:15 PM »
Tuesday, May 3, 2011....

They do it again. A 1984 Yamaha snowmobile....under a cover; rest of locker was crap furniture. Can you say setup?

Next locker...Robby the Robot, first a repro, then the original.  Oh no, Shoeless Joe Jackson stuff....these guys
have their own MINT when it comes to finding good stuff. As my old granny used to say..."take me out and bury me decent."

Hank Aaron autographed baseball!

1920 ball glove....IF Joe Jackson would be worth 15 to 20K.

I need to follow these guys and just outbid them!

Now thats a thought, mmm, they are suppose to go to Houston here soon right, guess I will head out that way :)..............The way they throw money with a SETUP unit, I should be able to outbid them. LOL

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011, 09:37:25 AM »
Here's a link to a thread I started about a conversation with an auctioneer who sold lockers to Allen and Ton on an upcoming (maybe June, 2011) episode of AH.

http://storageauctionforums.com/index.php?topic=1141.0

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 10:46:37 PM »
Tuesday, May 10, 2011....

The boys are in Chicago....rules for rebels....here you go !  Do you recognize their main competitor ?

Chicago Charles…a guy with 12 locks gets first 6 lkrs !

2 units left

Allen gets #7 for $500 after Charles started it at $100

#8….Allen gets it for $500 while pounding on the wall  (that was Charles’ trademark)!

Ammo box….has screwdrivers; axe looks good; find more fire related items.

On to lkr #2...they find some creepy stuff!

Now on to the appraisers for some values .....

As usual...they score big time...I'd like to see what Chicago Charles got !

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, 11:12:49 PM »
For some reason, I get the feeling Chicago Charles used to be New Orleans Charles before Hurricane Katrina.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 09:27:30 PM »
The boys strike it rich....what a surprise !

This episode shows John Cardoza who is an auctioneer in central California. See what he had to say about the show at this link:

http://storageauctionforums.com/index.php?topic=1141.0

Meanwhile, here's a brief rundown on the goodies. They got 2 out of 3 (as usual).

First lkr had a nice wood/glass scale (like the scales of justice)....it was on its side and they couldn't figure out what is was until they found a box with the actual scale pans. There was a gold sluicing device too.

Lkr #2....what a coincidence....they find gold, silver and another tool for finding gold.

These boys know how to stage a locker !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2011, 09:16:56 PM »
New episode, Tuesday, May 24, 2011....

The guys are in O.C. (Orange County, CA) and the previews have already shown them finding multiple guns and stuffed animals.

3 units and TONS of bidders (maybe 100) ....Of course the boys will get 2 of the 3 ! ;D

Lkr #1...bunch of usual stuff...they don't like it...it goes for $550.

Lkr #2....exercise equipment (they think $800)....starts at $100, jumps to $600 in nothing flat, then $1K
              goes for $1.2K

Lkr #3....they HAVE TO GET THE THIRD ONE !  Totes, gun case, (don't point the flashlight!). Auctioneer makes
          a move toward the gun gase....he gets it. Auctioneer says if you get the locker you can go to a gun dealer and register the rifle.

It's at $700...what will it go for ?

Goes for.....$2,200 to Allen....after he jumped it from about $1,100.  

Camo hunting gear...good sign.  Junk. A desk lamp made from four deer feet. Another rifle. In rough shape (1898) 16 GA shotgun.

Super heavy chest coming up after the commercial....and they spot some stuffed animal legs under a cover.  :o

Yet another shotgun and even one more! Incredible....the setup prop men worked over time on this one!

Stuffed animals...mule deer, ram.....on the road....Check out a rerun to see what every thing sold for.

Auction Hunters is on Spike! on cable and satellite.

Edit:
Preview of next week's SEASON FINALE !  They are somewhere in the Lone Star state and the GUNS are flying all over the place...When they say "You won't believe the things we buy and sell !"  They're not kidding !

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2011, 09:46:29 PM »
They have got to be in Dallas right, anybody know?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 09:53:36 AM »
They have got to be in Dallas right, anybody know?

Don't know for sure where the finale episode will be, but follow the link below to a good article
on the two guys as they WATCH an auction in Garland, TX which is ABOUT 150 miles from Dallas.

http://storageauctionforums.com/index.php?topic=1240.0

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2011, 03:38:20 PM »
Don't know for sure where the finale episode will be, but follow the link below to a good article
on the two guys as they WATCH an auction in Garland, TX which is ABOUT 150 miles from Dallas.

No, no, Movieman. Garland is only about 13 miles from Dallas. I can't wait to leave New England. I love the Dallas/Fort Worth area :)

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2011, 06:02:49 PM »
No, no, Movieman. Garland is only about 13 miles from Dallas. I can't wait to leave New England. I love the Dallas/Fort Worth area :)

Whoops...how'd that zero get on after that 15 mile figure I was going for !  ???

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2011, 10:01:30 AM »

Garland is right outside of the loop in Dallas. I just wish our Dallas website was ready to take payments, that's okay though, we have it timed perfectly for the Storage Wars Dallas premiere.

xx
Auction Hunters Season 3

Started by craiglstauction

15 Replies
Last post October 06, 2011, 09:25:42 PM
by Roadvirus
xx
Auction Hunters Returns - Season 5

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post September 04, 2013, 10:09:48 AM
by bwd111