Storage Auctions

Poll

How many more seasons do you think the storage shows will be renewed for?

One
2 (13.3%)
Two
9 (60%)
Three
2 (13.3%)
Four
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

How much longer do the storage auction reality shows have?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: How much longer do the storage auction reality shows have?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 04:28:57 PM »
I guess I should've said anybody who's somebody knows it. :P

Raspberries (sp?) not-with-standing, "everybody" is "everybody" just like "always" is "always".

"Almost everybody" would have worked or "most people know" would have worked.

Use as many in-exact word choices as you like. I was just commenting that you said everybody knew and I was responding that I did not know.  ;D

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2013, 06:05:20 PM »
I was just commenting that you said everybody knew and I was responding that I did not know.

Let's see now, where did I make that big doofus poll?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 06:15:29 PM »
Let's see now, where did I make that big doofus poll?

Don't tempt me to start the "Who is the bigger doofus 2nd Edition" thread.  ;D

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 08:40:17 PM »
Don't tempt me to start the "Who is the bigger doofus 2nd Edition" thread.  ;D

Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll Poll .....Deja vu?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 10:40:30 PM »
There will be a season four. Starts April 16th

Watching a non-auction show on A&E and saw the promo for the April 16, 2013 ...NEW season.

What's old is new again....but without Dave.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2013, 09:48:29 AM »
I noticed in last nights show there was no Dave in the intro. Has anybody noticed how long that has been going on?

It just started with the new season. He's off the show because he's suing them.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2013, 11:49:37 AM »
I was under the impression that his status on the show was in flux pending the litigation decision.

Employers are funny that way. They tend to get rid of employees that sue them. :D

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 10:05:29 AM »
Well the shows are no longer highly rated for the networks probably because the wowie factor is gone and its the same old same old different unit same day game with these shows. Whenever a male rated shows starts to losse ratings they use the sex sells to try abd boost ratings, Just watch and see if Im right on this.

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2013, 11:32:35 AM »
I would just like to point out that the survey results look like a big middle finger.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2013, 08:22:09 AM »
I would just like to point out that the survey results look like a big middle finger.

Ooookay...I was thinking more it looks more like a diving board.

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2013, 08:58:26 AM »
I suspect another 2-4 season, so year half - 2 years.  Even as the ratings fall unless they have something else in the wings they will squeeze out another season or two.

Offline Boxlot

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2013, 10:17:48 AM »

Alloro says we all knew that...I didn't.

The A&E website doesn't mention it (that I could find). There were two new episodes on March 18; who knows if that was the start of Season 4 or the end of Season 3; with cable/Sat shows you're never quite sure when the new seasons start. HBO says Homeland begins again in Sept, 2013 but with the other lesser networks sometimes the promos on  their channels tell us before their websites do.

Your source for the Season 4 announcement ?

Edit:

Went back in and looked at the full schedule. I think if I read it correctly there are TWO NEW episodes tonight, March 25, 2013 as well. It threw me before when I quickly read one of the descriptions that mentioned Mark Balalo (sp?) name. Guess they could run it (even though he's dead).

So, I gave up looking at the full schedule after that. Maybe the mention of the mid-April episodes is down there somewhere.

The shows on the 18th and on the 25th were the end of season for. The shows on the 25th were 29 and 30 for the season.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2013, 10:31:13 AM »
The shows on the 18th and on the 25th were the end of season for. The shows on the 25th were 29 and 30 for the season.

I've mostly given up on when one season ends and the next begins, especially when they take an 8 week break (or more), put on a couple of new shows and then start a new season a few weeks later.  I'll still watch the original series but as many posters here have indicated...."the thrill is gone."

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2013, 03:50:44 PM »
I've mostly given up on when one season ends and the next begins, especially when they take an 8 week break (or more), put on a couple of new shows and then start a new season a few weeks later.

Yeah that is kind of aggravating. On a positive note though, the DVR is your friend. I just set mine to record new episodes of my favorite shows, then every so often I'll sit down see what's recorded and watch away.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2013, 04:04:28 PM »
Yeah that is kind of aggravating. On a positive note though, the DVR is your friend. I just set mine to record new episodes of my favorite shows, then every so often I'll sit down see what's recorded and watch away.

The electronic gizmos available now as opposed to even 10 years ago are phenomenal.

I got a new Tivo maybe 10 years ago (maybe more) and bought the $300 lifetime service. About 6 years ago the hard-drive crapped out. I bought a new one (with the Tivo "image" on it), installed it myself and it is still working today. The lifetime membership aspect is tied to the electronics not to the hard-drive so that works out great. I bought a 250 gb hard drive and wish I had gotten bigger, but it works fine. I just have to delete a recorded program now and again to make more space.

I won't go into details, but because of the satellite service I have I can't program this particular Tivo to automatically record programs based on what I've seen or haven't seen before and I miss that aspect.

When I got into the buying/selling biz in 2004 I bought a 2nd TIVO for $30 at a flea market just to play around with.
Got it home and lo and behold it had a lifetime subscription on it. I have it hooked up to a OTA antenna and it gets the locals I want. Two Tivos...flexibility for what I want to do.

For a while I was buying Tivos whenever I saw them at thrift stores, but after about 6 that were NOT lifetime subs, I quit doing that. I sold them and broke even or made a few bucks, but nothing big.  During that particular time TIVO had stopped offering the lifetime service; now I think its back.  The interface on those things is so efficient. They've hardly changed it over the years.

xx
So, what storage auction reality shows are still on the air?

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post September 14, 2021, 08:33:30 AM
by ThomasGrey
xx
Have Storage Auction Reality Shows Changed the Storage Industry?

Started by Travis

5 Replies
Last post March 20, 2016, 09:08:37 AM
by alloro
xx
New "Storage Auction Reality Shows" category added.

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post November 02, 2012, 10:16:58 PM
by Travis
xx
What an item is actually worth - reality vs the reality shows

Started by Restrain

5 Replies
Last post June 13, 2014, 02:40:11 PM
by luke