Storage Auctions

If you were making your own storage auction reality show....

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
If you were making your own storage auction reality show, what parts of the business would you highlight? How would you do things differently?

Re: If you were making your own storage auction reality show....
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 09:08:43 AM »
I would have to show the REAL side of it..  not more stacks of boxes just left sitting after one big item was removed... Might not make the best drama, but would make it feel more real. I like IVY having his own auction to get rid of the JUNK he accumulated.  Maybe even show it on the smaller scale people like us, than can get one or two units at a time because we don't have storage space.

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 09:48:38 AM »
I'd show people taking loads to the dump, sorting through dirty smelly clothes, finding rat poop, adding up all the related expenses, making appointments with people to buy stuff and having them not show up, testing the great item they bought the unit for and finding out it's broken.....wait no one would watch the show. Nevermind.....

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 02:28:24 PM »
I agree, the storage auction reality shows have left out important parts of our business. Don't just show the exciting parts, get into the nitty-gritty. There is so much more than buying units and having items appraised.

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 02:31:07 PM »
Also point out just because an Items is worth 1000$ don't mean that someone will even pay 500$ for it!!  An item is only worth what someone will pay.. Even on IVY's auction, people bought because it was the "Cool" thing to do.. If you or I tried this we would fall flat on most items.

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 09:07:52 PM »
i'd do it exactly like they are doing it now. people don't want to see the truckloads of garbage you take to the dump, or rat crap etc. they like the part we like, bidding, winning and digging.

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 07:58:25 PM »
A standard 30 minute episode is only 22 minutes run time.  In order to show the nitty gritty you would have to focus on only 1 team.  Then in order to keep it interesting you would then have to show their dynamic, internal issues ..etc.  Unless it was captivating and could offer something different I don't think it would get picked up at this point.

Producers are shying away at storage shows at this point.  Notice no sw ny, the looong delay in the new season of sw texas and the 3 week hiatus in the new season of storage wars to revamp and get dave back in there.

The show that is taking this approach is the new jarrod and brandi spin off which is focusing less on the auction and more on family and the store.

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 08:51:42 AM »
Okay.. Judging on what seems to be working for other shows..   "Naked Storage Wars"  Where The teams are voted on by a panel of judges as to their style of bidding, etc.. Maybe somehow throw a survival or dating scheme..  Blurred images and all.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 05:29:19 PM »
I agree, the storage auction reality shows have left out important parts of our business. Don't just show the exciting parts, get into the nitty-gritty. There is so much more than buying units and having items appraised.

I've rarely found anything that I couldn't get a ball park value from Google or Ebay. The few items I thought might be unique and had "appraised" all I got from the experts is whaant, whaant, whaaa... Not very valuable.  :'(

xx
We have our own storage auction reality show...right here on this forum !

Started by MovieMan

27 Replies
Last post September 24, 2013, 10:05:46 PM
by Travis
xx
New Storage Auction Reality Show Episodes?

Started by Travis

10 Replies
Last post July 24, 2017, 11:19:15 PM
by ThomasMaloney
xx
New UK Storage Auction Reality Show - Locked and Loaded

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2014, 05:39:36 PM
by Travis
xx
Storage Auction Reality Show Celebrity Twitter Accounts