Storage Auctions

Mike Braiotta has a heart of gold.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Mike Braiotta has a heart of gold.
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 02:24:05 AM »
eBay also used to be the way to go but the fees are out of this world.

For me it's not so much the fees that ticks me off when it comes to eBay. What ticks me off is the way they cater to the buyers and dump on the sellers any time there's a conflict, plus the way bad buyers can give but not get negative feedback.

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 10:45:09 AM »
Oh yea I have dealt with a ton of that also when it comes to ebay. The buyer is always right no matter what. A few times I shipped items and the buyer told me the item arrived broken or "not as described". I would tell them to ship it back and I would refund a 100%. I never received item back but yet ebay refunds the money. Now I have a college kid that works on commission for the items he sells for me. This way he deals with everything and posts items on his own terms.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 11:00:46 AM »
Now I have a college kid that works on commission for the items he sells for me. This way he deals with everything and posts items on his own terms.

Heh heh, nothing wrong with delegation. It's the American way!

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 11:46:15 PM »
Now I have a college kid that works on commission for the items he sells for me. This way he deals with everything and posts items on his own terms.

I've been doing something similar for about four years now.  I've got three different people I use to sell my ebay items depending on what it is.....one guy is good for just throwing up volumes of stuff, but he doesn't research well or write great ads.......but he moves a lot of cheaper items fast.  My main girl takes her time, researches stuff, and usually get's me top dollar on my stuff.  Then I have another girl that I give a few items to......mainly if I have my main girl too backed up.

But a question for you......what kind of percentage do you pay your college kid, and is he reliable?  I went through a lot of people before I found some reliable ones I could trust and that actually get the stuff sold.  Thanks.

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 03:42:37 PM »
It usually depends on the item. If its a big item sale $1,000 or more I give him 6%. Nickel and dime items I like to call it I usually split the profit with him. After all he is doing all the leg work.

xx
Mike Braiotta Interview on Sparefoot Blog

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post November 16, 2013, 12:38:43 PM
by bwd111
xx
Mike Braiotta From Storage Wars New York

Started by Nystorageking

281 Replies
Last post December 18, 2014, 06:55:29 PM
by Nystorageking
xx
Has anyone gotten gold coins (or gold in general) in quantity ?

Started by MovieMan

5 Replies
Last post December 23, 2013, 08:03:08 PM
by auctionguy
xx
My Heart and Prayers Go Out To Parents in Newtown CT.

Started by alloro

1 Replies
Last post December 14, 2012, 06:35:54 PM
by Travis