Storage Auctions

Storage Wars Dallas

Storage Wars Dallas
« on: August 01, 2011, 08:44:54 AM »
You guys mentioned the filming in Dallas you went to. Does anyone know if there is a schedule of where they might be filming the show? Is so where is it posted or how can we get intel. Someone said if you show up they will get a release from you and put you on the show as a background bidder. I would at least like to watch.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Storage Wars Dallas
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 09:46:15 AM »
You guys mentioned the filming in Dallas you went to. Does anyone know if there is a schedule of where they might be filming the show? Is so where is it posted or how can we get intel. Someone said if you show up they will get a release from you and put you on the show as a background bidder. I would at least like to watch.

If you're referring to the pics posted by TCLane, look at his blog for all the details he was able to provide.

As to any kind of list of where they are going, GOOD LUCK !  Travis got his pics by sure luck...he showed up at an auction which turned out to be cancelled and they were just there. They appear to all be tight-lipped about the tapings possibly fearing some kind of negative reaction or at the least more confusion to the process.

When you consider all the people involved, producers, camera, sound, maybe even MAKE-UP it is a circus I'm sure.

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 09:35:11 AM »
It is my understanding that they wait until the night before to actually decide where or if they will shot.  They want to insure that there are going to be a good number of units available to increase the chance that there will be a good one.

The auction we attended with Jackie Sutton they didn't even let the property manager know until 9:00 PM the night before.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 07:26:25 AM »
We haven't seen a taping at larger storage companies like U-Haul or Public Storage and I think there is a reason why. Storage auctions are a heated subject to anyone who has lost a storage unit. Not only that, it could scare off potential or current customers if they feared that they might lose their property. I don't think they want there names involved because of the negative implications it may have on their business.

Back to the subject, if you really want to see a taping, your best bet is to attend the obscure auctions. Look for single auctions that are off the beaten path and occurring on days where there are multiple auctions taking place and where the crowds will be spread out all over Dallas / Fort Worth. There is no way to predict where they will be but you can definitely rule out auctions that have no chances of them taping there. The only way to increase your chances is by having the complete DFW auction schedule and using common sense to narrow down the results. The only way to get the complete storage auction schedule for Dallas/Fort Worth is to click on the link below. ;)

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 08:08:05 AM »
Auctiongroupies.org

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 11:16:31 AM »

xx
Storage Wars Dallas There are here

Started by BigBuyGal

7 Replies
Last post July 10, 2011, 09:46:26 PM
by MovieMan
xx