Storage Auctions

Storage Wars....Fall, 2011 Escapades !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Storage Wars....Fall, 2011 Escapades !
« on: September 14, 2011, 09:34:21 PM »
Just watched an episode that I think aired last week, but I'll review it in a minute anyway.

Right now the new episode is starting (followed by the 2nd edition of "unlocked") so I'll be back in about an hour !  ;D

OK, "unlocked" is ending and I can't bring myself to go back and review the 2 shows that ran before it, but as usual the drama was there and some good things were found, BUT the show seems to be getting more honest in its approach.

Now the show is ending and they are doing a profit analysis...I'll re-run that and give you the results...pretty interesting.

Jarrod and Brandi...............spent.....$7,790........profit was $23, 644...for every dollar they spent they made....$3.04

Barry................................spent .....$11,653....profit was...$36,290...for every dollar he spent he made..........$3.12

Darrell...............................spent.....$8,245......profit was....$29,908..for every dollar he spent he made..........$3.63

Dave (boo, hiss !)................spent.....$20,960....profit was....$144,249...for every dollar he spent he made........$6.88

OK, a new way to enjoy math....I'll have to work mine out !

To finish, Dotson auctions off a Harley Peace Officer bike....Darrell gets it for $12K....Barry knocks over his mysterious briefcase !

More hijinks from tv's newest success story !  ;)

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Storage Wars....Fall, 2011 Escapades !
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 10:45:17 PM »
so a dead body will fit in a 2x2x4 box.  I would hate to have reached into that box..

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 11:13:03 PM »
so a dead body will fit in a 2x2x4 box.  I would hate to have reached into that box..

Sooner or later if you do this enough you won't find a dead body, but you'll find urns of ashes. I think I've found 3.

Most funeral homes will take them off your hands if they can't be returned to the relative who LOST his/her locker.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 07:19:25 AM »
That ROI looks about right to me, but a word of caution for the new folks, that does'nt take out all the expenses (fuel, labor, dump run, sales fees, etc.) or income taxes.

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 07:35:53 AM »
That ROI looks about right to me, but a word of caution for the new folks, that does'nt take out all the expenses (fuel, labor, dump run, sales fees, etc.) or income taxes.

Or buying a locker just to buy it.  These guys are pretty good at finding decent units.  There's a lot of losers out there, as well.
   I appreciated the comment about all the work involved in doing these units.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 09:37:31 AM »

Well, those figures are nice and 3 of the 4 are running in the same $3 plus area, but in the almost eight years I've been doing this, the BEST I did (year end figures) was 2.74 x the money and right now I'm running at 1.72 x the money.

Guess I need to find better stuff !  ;)

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 12:50:13 AM »
Interesting way to look at profits. Hester was such a punk for the first 20 mins.

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 08:05:32 AM »
I laughed also on Hester's 'I grossed over one million dollars last year', like that should immediately have them build him an alter and begin worshiping him, until Daryl pointed out the reality that gross doesn't mean anything, and asked how much he netted.  Hester never answered that.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 08:25:33 AM »
I laughed also on Hester's 'I grossed over one million dollars last year', like that should immediately have them build him an alter and begin worshiping him, until Daryl pointed out the reality that gross doesn't mean anything, and asked how much he netted.  Hester never answered that.

Yuuuup !

Well, considering the size of his biz, (workers, store size, auction site) It wouldn't be surprising that he did that much...but I can't blame him for not telling what his net was; even though he is a big self promoter no businessman worth his salt would reveal his bottom line. I would have felt better if HE had said as much.

The "live" aspect of the "unlocked" show comes through a bit, but it's not really live as far as I can tell, and EDITING is a producer's way of making things seem one way or the other.  While the conversation and reactions seem a little more candid than the shows themselves, none of these people is so foolish to shoot themselves in the foot TOO much. Their success is dependent on the show's success despite the fact that "outside" the show they still have day to day businesses to run.  The show has helped them all significantly one way or the other. This is all my opinion.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 09:53:45 PM »
Did you hear the producer talking about his wife being thrown out of a thrift store because Storage Wars had ruined the thrift store owners business?

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 10:18:48 PM »
Did you hear the producer talking about his wife being thrown out of a thrift store because Storage Wars had ruined the thrift store owners business?
that could be an interesting discrimination suit.  so there are owners that are upset that the cat is out of the bag??

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 09:33:54 PM »
Wednesday, Sept 21, 2011...

A FIRST for the SW bidders.....3 of the 4 lost money and Dave Hester didn't buy anything!

Nothing noteworthy in any of their lockers. They were tryig to break even and didn't make it....REALITY TV !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 08:06:17 PM »
News Flash !

Hello Mr. & Mrs. America and all the ships at sea !

Flash!  A&E will air a new episode of Storage Wars, Wednesday, Oct 19,2011 at 9:30 Eastern. The show will feature 9 vaults....something new for the show. Dave wants them all and Daryl swears he won't let Dave get at least one.   ;)

They rerun these things to death .... Storage Wars Dallas now rumored to start in Nov/Dec.

Offline Boxlot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 10:15:26 PM »
Just watched an episode that I think aired last week, but I'll review it in a minute anyway.

Right now the new episode is starting (followed by the 2nd edition of "unlocked") so I'll be back in about an hour !  ;D

OK, "unlocked" is ending and I can't bring myself to go back and review the 2 shows that ran before it, but as usual the drama was there and some good things were found, BUT the show seems to be getting more honest in its approach.

Now the show is ending and they are doing a profit analysis...I'll re-run that and give you the results...pretty interesting.

Jarrod and Brandi...............spent.....$7,790........profit was $23, 644...for every dollar they spent they made....$3.04

Barry................................spent .....$11,653....profit was...$36,290...for every dollar he spent he made..........$3.12

Darrell...............................spent.....$8,245......profit was....$29,908..for every dollar he spent he made..........$3.63

Dave (boo, hiss !)................spent.....$20,960....profit was....$144,249...for every dollar he spent he made........$6.88

OK, a new way to enjoy math....I'll have to work mine out !

To finish, Dotson auctions off a Harley Peace Officer bike....Darrell gets it for $12K....Barry knocks over his mysterious briefcase !

More hijinks from tv's newest success story !  ;)

These numbers are all based on what they claim they can get for what they bought. They showed some of Dave auctions and there were plenty of the lights that he bought and has not sold yet sitting on his shelfs. Did he sell all his vending machines and get what he told us he would get for them.  Barry keeps most of his stuff so how much did he really make ?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 11:42:20 PM »
These numbers are all based on what they claim they can get for what they bought.
Yes, I get that.

They showed some of Dave auctions and there were plenty of the lights that he bought and has not sold yet sitting on his shelfs.

Agree....not sold yet.

Did he sell all his vending machines and get what he told us he would get for them.

Probably not, and no.

Barry keeps most of his stuff so how much did he really make ?

It's not always about the money !   ;D

xx
Storage Wars Texas...Fall, 2011

Started by MovieMan

37 Replies
Last post January 25, 2012, 02:01:06 AM
by Shmoopy
xx
Storage Wars Canada to Premiere Fall of 2013

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post September 11, 2013, 10:28:09 AM
by bwd111
xx
Auction Hunters Fall Season, 2011

Started by MovieMan

16 Replies
Last post November 09, 2011, 09:43:53 PM
by Fayettenam Man
xx
Storage Wars....Summer, 2011...starts.....

Started by MovieMan

34 Replies
Last post September 01, 2011, 02:47:33 PM
by BigBizzz