Storage Auctions

Storage Wars Possibly Firing 3 Other Cast Members

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Storage Wars Possibly Firing 3 Other Cast Members
« on: May 01, 2013, 07:53:44 PM »
That's just about the entire cast !

Here's the story which was published today, May 1, 2013.

http://www.ibtimes.com/storage-wars-possibly-firing-three-more-cast-members-following-dave-hester-lawsuit-ae-puts-darrell#

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Storage Wars Possibly Firing 3 Other Cast Members
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 09:17:40 PM »
I can't say I'll miss Darrell or Laura, but Dan is a positive for the show IMO.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 09:27:55 PM »
So, I guess this means that they aren't paying Brandi, Jarrod and Barry very much or that they aren't paying Brandi & Jarrod very much and that Barry was indispensable. Darrel, Dan and Dave were probably smart enough to hire agents to get them top dollar. Brandi & Jarrod (being young and naive) probably signed on the dotted line after the first offer. Barry....well, Barry probably just wanted to be on TV.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 09:04:31 AM »
I think they had a goldmine with the original cast. Changing characters/cast members will probably kill the ratings and spell the end for the show. Then again, the producers are probably already seeing interest & revenue drop so that is why they are looking for less expensive cast members.

Hopefully these changes will drive Storage Wars & the storage auction business into the realm of "out of style" even quicker among average Americans.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 09:12:02 AM »
I think they had a goldmine with the original cast. Changing characters/cast members will probably kill the ratings and spell the end for the show. Then again, the producers are probably already seeing interest & revenue drop so that is why they are looking for less expensive cast members.

Hopefully these changes will drive Storage Wars & the storage auction business into the realm of "out of style" even quicker among average Americans.

Sounds right on all points...hopefully this will be the slippery slope to the end of the run.  I remember over the last couple of years when things got a little better (then a little worse) for us at the auctions that we kept predicting another 6 months or another year...maybe THIS will be the time it works out that way.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 09:57:09 AM »
Too much of anything usually starts it into a downward death spiral.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 11:56:46 AM »
It's like that new song that everyone loves. It's the best ever...until you hear it on the radio 20 times a day for a few months.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 05:17:32 PM »
It's like that new song that everyone loves. It's the best ever...until you hear it on the radio 20 times a day for a few months.

or on an airplane...
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/21/travel/air-rage-incidents

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 07:41:22 AM »
Here's another take on the 3 cast members not being included in some upcoming episodes.

Slowly easing them out ?

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/18106/20130502/storage-wars-drops-3-cast-members-extra-episodes-dave-hesters.htm

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 03:27:21 PM »
I would hate not see Pork pig (Laura and  Dan) NOT. lET them all go and bring in some fresh talent! If the show is a gold mine then mess with the formula and see where that gets em. Cancelled

Offline ncali

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 11:55:10 PM »

Or the same shows being on over and over and over again.

Look at all of the new people that they have already included in the episodes shot this year . I doubt it would take that many people to replace Hester

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 02:25:12 PM »
I thought this transition wasn't taking place until season 5, but apparently Dan & Laura were replaced on the May 7th episode. There seems to be some mild disapproval by Dan & Laura's fans.

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 10:04:43 PM »
Dan and Laura were not on the 2nd ep. of this week's show. However, they both have tweeted that everything is good and they expect to remain on Storage Wars. Darrell tweets insinuated that Hester is behind the proliferation of the rumors..

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 10:50:51 AM »
Aw heck, for a moment I got all excited that I wasn't going to have to hear, "don't forget to pay the lady" being screeched out anymore.

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 10:54:49 PM »
Aw heck, for a moment I got all excited that I wasn't going to have to hear, "don't forget to pay the lady" being screeched out anymore.

I think what bothers me more is when they flirt with each other.. in an overtly sexual manner.. to the point where that bass (boing) is played.. My wife always yells "eewww!" and I have to agree..

xx
Storage Wars New York Premier - Cast Members in Zombie Makeup

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post July 10, 2013, 10:04:04 AM
by bwd111
xx
Storage Auction Reality Show Cast Members Cashing In

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post January 14, 2015, 09:51:59 AM
by truedaystar
xx
A&E Denies That 3 Cast Members Were Dropped From the Show

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post May 18, 2013, 05:23:28 PM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
What does the Dave Hester Debacle Mean for Dotson and the Other Cast Members ?

Started by MovieMan

3 Replies
Last post December 17, 2012, 10:38:21 AM
by Travis