Storage Auctions

Storage Wars Season 3.....Here we go again !

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
Re: Storage Wars Season 3.....Here we go again !
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 10:19:00 AM »
Go ahead and put up a poll. You're the perfect one to do so as your dislike of the show is more than apparent.
PLEASE, give some thought to the choices you make for us to choose from.

But seriously it seems that this forum is just fueled by that  stupid  Storage wars show! What makes the show so appealing? Is it because they find something that is planted that brings back memories or it relates to doing what you do? The show is stupid and fake. I'm just as guilty as the next person posting about the show. This forum has much more to offer than posting about a  sell out boring gimmick show that has lost its appeal.I personally would like post about strategy,tricks,awesome finds,how a person over paid and what you would do next time that you should of done the time before.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 09:29:26 PM »
Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Episode #1:

Barry's big find is for the birds.

Yuuup!  Scores some electronics. (value in Dave's world... $16K).

The couple takes stuff back to the store and find....GOOD  jewelry.  Gotta be a plant....nope, counterfeit ! And some hamburger icons:

The "expert" said the one pictured might be worth a couple of hundred. Selling on eBay for $19.95...go figure !

Darrel and son....drive away empty.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2012, 10:01:41 PM »
Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Episode #2

Barry arrives in a new (small) ride.

Brandy rolls eyes as Jarrod goes for broke, but Barry gets it at $2300…$1700 too much in my book. (end tally said he lost $1400)

Evaluations are off the wall tonight…two samplers worth $1K…come on Darrel. (he got the lkr for $220).

Barry’s lkr is a big loser by around $2K or so. Good thing the producers paid him $10K to buy it. He did get an antique horse racing gizmo…expert says….$600.

Darrel looks at his sampler unit…value…$(they never said....guess it was less than he thought).   Map of Transylvania…value $1K .

Yuup….lkr I would have paid $250 for…He claims around $3K plus in value.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2012, 07:36:02 AM »
Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Episode #1:

Barry's big find is for the birds.

Yuuup!  Scores some electronics. (value in Dave's world... $16K).

The couple takes stuff back to the store and find....GOOD  jewelry.  Gotta be a plant....nope, counterfeit ! And some hamburger icons:

The "expert" said the one pictured might be worth a couple of hundred. Selling on eBay for $19.95...go figure !

Darrel and son....drive away empty.

I supposed if you had a small shop in an upscale part of town and you catered to wealthy customers you could charge a couple of hundred dollars for an item tha sells for $19.95 on Ebay. I walked into one of those types of "know the right people/sell to the wealthy in town" shops and they were selling $2 picture frames for $28. Convincing the right people to pay what you want them to pay is just part of the game.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2012, 10:44:25 PM »
Episode #1, Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Storyline tonight….Barry professes he is a SLA (storage locker addict) and his goal is to NOT buy a locker tonight.  Here’s a clue for you Barry: if it’s true you are an addict, don’t go to an auction.

Darrel…gets a lkr for $3500.  Good stuff. Hope he clears the 3.5K. He says there’s another 200 boxes in there at $10 a box…$2K.   Looked like about 40 boxes to me.

Barry….gets a lkr for $310. Full of crap scrounged from dumpsters.

Jarrod….gets a lkr for  $1700. Old newspapers…worth any dough ?

More details ?   Watch the rerun !

Episode #2, Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Can you say "RERUN” ?

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2012, 02:11:42 PM »
 I just wish the men would leave their wives at home, sick of listening to them complain.....shut up or go home Brandi. Dave you are such a girl, is yupp the most intelegent thing you can say. When on that rare moment I try to watch I mute the show when Dave is on just can't stand to listen to him. The least you could do is make the show more real. Who wants to go to an auction where people act like this and it is always the same people that win the bid. Why even bother to have the extras there everyone knows they aren't going to buy an unit.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2012, 09:33:55 PM »
Tuesday, August 21, 2012....

Episode one:

The couple get a 20th century reproduction of a Chinese seismograph. Experts says $3.5K.  eBay says:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=chinese+seismograph

Episode two:

Rerun !

Season Finale next week.....Tuesday, August 28, 2012.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2012, 10:59:22 PM »
Season Finale…8/28/2012 (part one)

Brandi sports a blue strapless outfit….haven’t seen those in my neck of the woods.

Santa Ana, CA….

Barry gets #1….  Model trains, miniature car set, ammo box with ?

Jarrod gets #2…..at $3,400….keyboard, dvds, receiver, spkrs, “key-tar”, “at least we’ll go down swingin’!”

Darrel gets #3…..he’s hoping for cash in a bank money bag..he gets paper all right, but it’s not green.

Season Finale…8/28/2012 (part two)

Costa Mesa, CA

Barry gets #1…$2,900….”naughty” pine, kiln, armoire(s),

Dave gets #2….$3,200….briefcase “safe”, office chair, music pedals, Rolex box

Darrel gets #3….$7,250…can you say “locker of the month” (and it helps to get paid $10K per episode for just being there !)  train sets, cuckoo clock, nice bedroom set, books, dvds, Honda generator, KEEP GOING Darrel !

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2012, 06:29:41 AM »
i like darryl its to bad they are playing him up like a complete douche latley

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2012, 01:09:49 PM »
its to bad they are playing him up like a complete douche lately

They're not playing him up. Just like some of the other cast members, you're finally getting to see his real personality.

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2012, 04:15:06 AM »
There is quite a contrast between the "mock" tension and petty arguements seen between the show characters on tv, and the casual, friendly and sometimes humorous banter at the actual auctions that I have been at with them. There did not appear to be any actual tension between Darryl and his son.

The third time I ran into them was in Montebello. Even though the characters bought about 12 lockers collectively; none of those made it into the season finale. Must have been the usual lacker (typo intentional) blend of trash and ordinary items.
At one point, Barry was wearing blinders like some people use for sleeping. On camera, he put them over his eyes and said, " I might as well bid on this locker blind. Where is it anyway?"
Off camera, he moved them onto his forehead, walked around the corner from the "action" and leaned against the wall right between Darryl and his son. One of the wiseguys in the crowd said, " There's Barry, right between the Sheets" .

I outbid Barry for one 5x10 unit at $750. It had over 2000 DVDs, which would have been good if they hadn't all been bootlegs. Fortunately there was some other saleable stuff, so I might break even.

xx
Storage Wars Season 6 Season Finale

Started by Travis

20 Replies
Last post March 17, 2015, 02:44:53 AM
by Henry
xx
Season 5 of Storage Wars

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post February 27, 2014, 03:23:48 PM
by Travis