Storage Auctions

Storage Wars shooting update

Storage Wars shooting update
« on: January 13, 2013, 01:00:33 PM »
I ran into the Storage Wars crew Jan 11. They were at that same facility in Montebello California, where I saw them last year. About half the lockers had already been sold when I arrived.

No Dave Hester, but they brought Mark Balelo back. Tweedle-dee-dee, tweedle-dee-dum. Barry was hanging out with a Chinese guy, who was dressed in red with a matching cowboy hat and very long (approx 20 inches) pointy shoes flecked with small mirrors. Five of the lockers were from some furniture store that had closed. Barry bought the one with paintings and mirrors. Brandi and Jarrod got the other four. I bid to $3500 on one of them, but didn't get it.

The last locker they shot probably won't appear on the show, because I bought it. There was good quality used furniture visible, what appeared to be auditorium speakers and quite a stack of white file folder boxes. When Dan started the bidding, I rolled a pair of 10 inch white cardboard dice on the pavement.  Box cars came up, so I shouted, "You have $1200". Dan asked, "Is that your bid?" I replied, "Yes, thats my bid". Dan tried for $1300, then $1250 and finally $1225. No one else bid.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Storage Wars shooting update
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 03:16:43 PM »
I guess this answers the question of whether there would be any new episodes of the original Storage Wars.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 09:37:38 AM »
I ran into the Storage Wars crew Jan 11. They were at that same facility in Montebello California, where I saw them last year. About half the lockers had already been sold when I arrived.

No Dave Hester, but they brought Mark Balelo back. Tweedle-dee-dee, tweedle-dee-dum. Barry was hanging out with a Chinese guy, who was dressed in red with a matching cowboy hat and very long (approx 20 inches) pointy shoes flecked with small mirrors. Five of the lockers were from some furniture store that had closed. Barry bought the one with paintings and mirrors. Brandi and Jarrod got the other four. I bid to $3500 on one of them, but didn't get it.

The last locker they shot probably won't appear on the show, because I bought it. There was good quality used furniture visible, what appeared to be auditorium speakers and quite a stack of white file folder boxes. When Dan started the bidding, I rolled a pair of 10 inch white cardboard dice on the pavement.  Box cars came up, so I shouted, "You have $1200". Dan asked, "Is that your bid?" I replied, "Yes, thats my bid". Dan tried for $1300, then $1250 and finally $1225. No one else bid.

Man, You did'nt get run up by Mark Balelo? That guy drops some serious cash! Or is that just for the TV cameras??

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 12:55:59 PM »
I don't know why nobody else bid. They were all standing right there. Must have stunned them with the dice roll. ;D
I figure I will get $2000 for the furniture, $2000 more for the books, records and video, $500 more for the 250 s/f of upholstery leather. The speakers are apparently valuable as well. Two pair of semi-vintage Tannoys and one pair of B & W's. I think I will thank Balelo for not bidding. Incidentally he was wearing a black leather motorcycle jacket and trying to act like some sort of tough guy.

xx
Shooting at movie theater in Aurora, Colorado

Started by MovieMan

8 Replies
Last post July 21, 2012, 08:15:31 PM
by MovieMan
xx
# 6 locker update

Started by money4nothing

17 Replies
Last post January 23, 2012, 03:04:07 PM
by money4nothing
xx
[Update] First auctions on Wednesday!

Started by dpfecarotta

15 Replies
Last post January 25, 2012, 07:17:43 AM
by craiglstauction
xx
[update: check out what I scored] Help me out with this CL ad?

Started by Shmoopy

15 Replies
Last post January 11, 2012, 06:24:02 PM
by craiglstauction