Storage Auctions

Storage Wars....Spring 2011...New Episodes

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Storage Wars....Spring 2011...New Episodes
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 10:09:56 PM »
Forgot to mention some of tonight's realism...and NOT realism.

In two of the last 3 episodes Barry has just TOSSED stuff out of the locker. This seems for effect to me as even a real collector would take a little more care.  The rest of that pile story I would like to see....I don't believe Barry hauls the crap away himself, nor do I believe he hires anyone. I still think the show's producers take care of all that. Could they come to my aid ?

So, the ivory sold at auction. What about the rhino horn items...they were supposed to add up to 5 or 6K if I remember correctly.

Just too many unanswered questions, and it wouldn't take that long to answer them.

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2011, 10:22:14 PM »
Another thing about this show is that when the "expert" throws out a price range (say $150-$300), their little on screen total always jumps by the largest amount.  Trying to make it just that much more profitable I guess. 

Then, when they show him auctioning off the ivory at the end, he says the stuff sold for $2400 instead of $2000.  Okay, but what about the 35% - 40% that the auction house gets?  Sure, he made money, but if you take even 35% off of $2400, that only leaves you with a little over $1500.

As far as Barry throwing the crap outside........I can't believe that there isn't some salable items in that pile!  I know he is looking for the "big score", but what does happen to the rest of that stuff?  He would be better off trying to at least get some of his money back by selling it cheap to Jarrod and Brandi.

Lot's of questions, where's the answers?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 10:26:12 PM »
Lot's of questions, where's the answers?

The answers my friend are blowing in the wind.

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 06:29:33 PM »
Last night's episode of Storage Wars left me feeling like the show is completely fabricated. The 6 units belonging to one lady certainly could happen, but they also had "one more interior unit"........   What are the chances that anyone would leave $12,000 bucks worth of jewelery in a storage unit? Just the way the box was inside that chest of drawers, so it could easily be found when whoever won it was going through the unit.... I don't know guys what did you think about it? I could totally see the show's producers renting out the locker and planting that stuff in there, it just didn't seem real to me. I have never questioned the show before, but last night just didn't seem real.

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 06:51:25 PM »
What they did not show us last night. 

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 10:10:54 PM »
YoungGun....take a look at the video in reply #19 just above.

Looks like Darrell made a mistake selling it at a $200 loss. At end of video it shows how much they made.

Good job....follow him around each time and you'll be set !

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 09:52:35 PM »
Just started watching a new episode tonight, and Barry shows up and there is a huge crowd.  He's talking to one of the guys who says this is his first week and he's going "all in" and is going to quit his job!  He better wait and see what he's in for first!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 10:01:53 PM »
Wednesday, April 13, 2011...

Dave and Darrell aren't in the running tonight so Barry and Jarrod go for it.....

so far, just bidding....but Jarrod is losing it to "Bill" for $2600.....Barry thinks the guy will lose his shirt..maybe break even...we'll never know. Jarrod should be glad he quit.

Oops....here comes Darrell !
Gets one at $1k.  Says..."that was expensive."

Jarrod gets to look at the lkr he lost....finds some stuff and gives the new owner an idea of value.

Bill said earlier he was quitting his job to do auction buying full time !

Barry looks in his trunk....finds....(a commercial)...and then....nothing in the trunk. Finds some furs...which
he gives to Dave!

Darrell paid a grand for a locker....nothing but trash and some old books...book guy says.....$4 for "The Sun Also Rises" and $200 for a Hemingway book...oh well, Darrell...can't win 'em all.

I give 5 stars to this episode for REALITY !  You go guys !

Storage Wars Marathon Sunday with a new episode at the end of the trek with Darrell and Dave getting into finger pointing and name-calling !

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 10:14:55 PM »
They are starting to pay for the show now!  I still wonder if what they get paid for doing the show outweighs how much more lockers are costing them and the hassle of the bigger crowds?  It's starting to look like they are negatively affected just like the rest of us!

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 11:17:30 PM »
Awesome episode. The winner is the one who didn't even show up. The highlight of the show in my opinion is the newbie is at his first auction and before it even starts he says he is going to quit his job and do this for a living. What a dumbass!

I guarantee he lost his ass paying $2600 for that unit..... that was probably his whole tax return lol

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2011, 12:24:38 PM »
"Bill" is probobly the new caracter they are adding to the show. You will see more of him in the coming episodes.
Also most likely you will see less of Dave in the coming shows, as i think he is on it's way out of the show.

I have to give credit to Storage wars, they bring the reality to the table and show most sides of the business.

This is a sure thing for me every wedensday, cool show!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2011, 02:14:17 PM »
Well, "Bill" might be a new one in the lineup, but they were recruiting for Miami, New York and Dallas which to me says 12 weeks or so in each city with a new crew in each city...they need to keep it fresh.

The more honest approach at finds and values is refreshing....I'm still waiting to see a dump run though. That's what I suggested to their recruiter who looked for input here on these forums.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 09:56:33 PM »
Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Encinitas, CA...beach town in southern LA.

Who will be the big winner tonight and with what item(s).

Dave Hester Jr. packs in $5,600 .... will he make an impression ?

Barry looks like a green leprechaun.

1st lkr....looks a bit sparse. Derrell wants to dump it on Dave.
Yeeeppp !

2nd lkr....nice red bag....small contents but neat. Barry likes it.
Will the leprechaun get it?
What the heck is the guy in orange doing?

To be continued....after the commercial.

3rd lkr....best of the day? They're all drooling !
First bid is $1k.  Sells for $5,550......Dave says "Even I'm nervous at that price".

Rest of show dedicated to the opening of goodies.
Winner of the $5K plus.....gets a couple of slot machines. Rolex box (empty).
Ball cards (good ones), good fishin' poles. Frame on an old oil painting...Dave says it's worth $700 plus.

Good stuff, but still...takes a lot of goodies to pay off the $5K plus "nut" before you start making profit.  ;D

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 10:24:16 PM »
Nice play by play!

Why the hell did Dave Jr. pay $5,550 for a storage unit with no real visable valuables. Has anyone here ever seen lockers go for prices like this???? The highest I have seen in my short career was $2200, over $5k is a bit ridiculous....

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 10:27:53 PM »
Nice play by play!

Why the hell did Dave Jr. pay $5,550 for a storage unit with no real visable valuables. Has anyone here ever seen lockers go for prices like this???? The highest I have seen in my short career was $2200, over $5k is a bit ridiculous....

You can catch a re-run of the show and take a look at the locker. When they get that high it is scary. I have seen $2,900 (I got that one), $3,100 ( didn't get it...I was in at $3K)....I think those are the highest I've seen. Plenty of $1K to $2K though.

clip
New Episodes of Storage Wars

Started by Travis

9 Replies
Last post June 04, 2014, 02:50:07 PM
by bakerben
xx
New Storage Wars Episodes

Started by Travis

8 Replies
Last post July 01, 2015, 01:25:59 AM
by MelBrandle