Storage Auctions

Storage Wars....Summer, 2011...starts.....

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Storage Wars....Summer, 2011...starts.....
« on: July 01, 2011, 11:59:04 PM »
......Wednesday, July 20, 2011 and the preview showed the original buyers from earlier episodes.
Preview didn't indiate any city, state location.

Offline johnnyghonda

• On the hunt.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Storage Wars....Summer, 2011...starts.....
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 11:17:44 PM »
a buddy of mine said he saw a preview for it and there was some guy in an all white suit bidding on every unit just to spend his money and win them all... my buddy said it drove barry crazy and he yelled..."now its personal!!!"  lol, i cant wait!  i love/hate dave, love barry and darrell and jarrod and brandi are fun to watch. overall the best of the three on tv IMHO--

really dislike storage hunters- could only watch 7 mins of it before i thought it was horribly faked and written crappy cable tv.  delete!
ton and allen of auction hunters are at least entertaining
but SW seems the least scripted.

Enjoy the dig!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 11:28:00 PM »
I started out liking AH better than SW, but have now reversed that. AH is just too set up for me. The episode that turned me was with 4 lkrs at the site, they got two. One had the quad and the other had the little boat. Nope, can't buy that.

SW on the other hand has gotten a little more realistic with people losing money sometimes...Barry frequently.

I thought with the show going to new states that the whole buying crew would be new, but preview shows the regulars. The Las Vegas episodes were a stretch...4 hour drive from LA.  If they are in Texas, how does them buying lkrs fly at all. Only a couple of weeks to the answer.

Offline johnnyghonda

• On the hunt.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 12:05:04 AM »
i bet if they get lkrs (or when they get them) in tx, they probably have arrangements made for all their stuff to be hauled back to their respective locals (allthewhile paid for by A and E TV.< just taking a stab at how they would get their new merch back home)  then they live out there during production in hotels maybe?  YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!

Enjoy the dig!

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 02:00:41 PM »
I started out liking AH better than SW, but have now reversed that. AH is just too set up for me. The episode that turned me was with 4 lkrs at the site, they got two. One had the quad and the other had the little boat. Nope, can't buy that.

SW on the other hand has gotten a little more realistic with people losing money sometimes...Barry frequently.

I thought with the show going to new states that the whole buying crew would be new, but preview shows the regulars. The Las Vegas episodes were a stretch...4 hour drive from LA.  If they are in Texas, how does them buying lkrs fly at all. Only a couple of weeks to the answer.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 02:35:14 PM »
Well, in addition to quoting me in reply #4 above, bigbuygal also started an informative thread about some news she has on the new SW season. Here's the link to her thread:

http://storageauctionforums.com/index.php?topic=1366.msg6369#msg6369

Will be interesting to see that first episode considering the A&E promo for the new season shows the OLD crew from the southern CA area.

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 03:01:28 PM »
Can't wait.Yep!!!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 04:28:07 PM »
J Honda....

Everything I had read a month or so ago indicated they were coming to the Dallas area and my bet was that a new set of buyers would be recruited. Just didn't make sense to have southern CA buyers doing biz that many miles away.

The recent promo on A&E shows the old crew looking like they were gunfighters getting ready for a shootout (with a holstered flashlight as a weapon) and then a tumbleweed blows through the storage lkr street. "That was weird" says one of the guys, then offscreen narrator gives date for first episode.

Take a look at bigbuygal's link above....she has what looks like reliable info on the July 20 start-up.

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 06:51:09 AM »
Ok it sounds like the new Storage Wars Dallas is a diiferent show. The characters include several ladies, A Black guy, and a couple of cowboys. The Auctioneer is a Texas Cowboy right out of Texas, They did their first one at American Harbor Storage in Oak Cliff. This version of the show has nothing to do with the CA show. They will be running Both of them!!!!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 10:06:57 AM »
Ok it sounds like the new Storage Wars Dallas is a diiferent show. The characters include several ladies, A Black guy, and a couple of cowboys. The Auctioneer is a Texas Cowboy right out of Texas, They did their first one at American Harbor Storage in Oak Cliff. This version of the show has nothing to do with the CA show. They will be running Both of them!!!!

Well, I'm starting to have some problems believing what I'm hearing about Storage Wars Dallas and will wait till the 20th to see what actually happens.

I'm wondering if the show being talked about by bigbuygal is in fact SOME OTHER SERIES as there have been rumors about NEW shows coming out, but as I just said, I can WAIT 12 days to find out when A&E's show pops up.

I find it hard to believe there would be Storage Wars (California) and Storage Wars Texas, but I've been wrong before, so no news there.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 12:50:43 PM »
There is a season two photo area at A&E for Storage Wars, the link is below.

Also there is a video preview that's a bit harder to find. It shows Barry finding some guitars appraised at $5,500.

No indication of where these  pics/video were taken.

The CA/TX situation is still a mystery at this point.

http://www.aetv.com/storage-wars/photos/#/storage-wars/photos/season-2-preview/01-storage-wars-returns.jpg

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 04:46:20 PM »
You are getting confused. The Storage Wars Dallas is a NEW show, it has nothing to do with July 20th. All I can say is when they got to American Harbor Storage in Oak Cliff, bidders signed a release for Storage Wars Dallas and the Camera crew from A&E was there. They were all told it was Storage Was Dallas. A new show. I Called American Harbor and they confirmed that it was filmed there. Not of the California Actors will be on the new show. They are an all new cast.
Hope this clears it up for all of you!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 07:53:02 PM »
You are getting confused. The Storage Wars Dallas is a NEW show, it has nothing to do with July 20th. All I can say is when they got to American Harbor Storage in Oak Cliff, bidders signed a release for Storage Wars Dallas and the Camera crew from A&E was there. They were all told it was Storage Was Dallas. A new show. I Called American Harbor and they confirmed that it was filmed there. Not of the California Actors will be on the new show. They are an all new cast.
Hope this clears it up for all of you!

I admit I was confused, but with each additional post you place it becomes a little clearer. So NOW it appears the California franchise was so popular they are going with the NEW series based in Dallas, and if what I read in the OTHER thread about Storage Wars, the new member RONIN says  the new one will start in the Fall. Waiting to hear where he got this info only because I like verified facts.

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 10:37:55 PM »
You are probably correct on your theory movie man. If not, it sure sounds good!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 10:09:29 AM »
Here's the written promo from A&E's website.

NEW YORK, NY, JUNE 20, 2011 - The stakes are higher; the rivalries more intense; the drama more explosive. Get set for a wild ride as everyone's favorite treasure hunters return for an action packed second season. All-new episodes of A&E's most watched nonfiction series "Storage Wars" will begin airing Wednesday, July 20 at 10pm ET/PT with back-to-back premieres.

"Storage Wars," which follows teams of bidders looking to score it big in the high stakes world of storage auctions, ranks as A&E's number one series of all time among adults 25-54. During its first season, the series averaged 2.8 million viewers per episode and peaked at 3.8 million.

In season two the hunt continues as the fortune foursome blaze through Southern California storage facilities -- but with new enemies and higher stakes, finding auction treasure has never been more difficult. Dave Hester opens an auction house, forcing a sizable investment that could destroy his "Mogul" status. Troubles at home sideline Darrell Sheets' business, causing the "Gambler" to take desperate measures. And the rivalry between them both has never been more heated. Meanwhile, Jarrod and Brandi open an annex to their shop, laying down the gauntlet to their bankrolled competition. And after selling rap impresario Suge Knight's clothes, Barry Weiss is just trying to stay out of trouble. Hollywood memorabilia and vintage guitars are just a small measure of the plunder to be found and in this world where cash is king and winner takes all, it's anyone's guess who will come out on top.

"Storage Wars" is produced by Original Productions, a FremantleMedia Company ("Ice Road Truckers" and "Deadliest Catch") for A&E Network. Executive producers are Thom Beers and Philip D. Segal. Jeff Conroy is co-executive producer and Dolph Scott is series producer. A&E executive producers are David McKillop and Elaine Frontain Bryant.

xx
Auction Hunters....Summer, 2011....Starts

Started by MovieMan

14 Replies
Last post August 23, 2011, 11:04:21 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Auction Hunters Summer Season, 2011

Started by MovieMan

6 Replies
Last post August 30, 2011, 11:35:12 PM
by Bandit