Storage Auctions

Auction today in 28 degree weather!

Auction today in 28 degree weather!
« on: January 15, 2011, 05:47:54 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I went to an auction today in Michigan with 20 units for sale.  There were about 60 people there.  It was freezing!  Units went for $20 to $875.  I did end up buying a small unit for $130.  I have a few days to pick it up, so I'll let you know what I got when I get it home.  There was some decent furniture, kitchen items, home decor, VHS tapes, stereo speakers so far that I've seen. 

Talk to you later!  Healthe  ;D

Re: Auction today in 28 degree weather!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 06:28:47 PM »
Cool!

Let us know what you find.

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 10:38:13 PM »
Yeah, let us know what you find! 

By the way, after you won it and paid, did you rummage around in it really quick just to see if you could find anything cool right away, or did you just walk away to check it out another day?  Just wondering how some of you other guys do it.  I always like to jump in and scrounge through it really quick before moving on to the next facility.  I like it even more when I see find one or two items that I know will pay for the unit!

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 05:48:40 AM »
Hi,
We are not allowed to go into the units until we pay for them.  So after I paid, I went and looked around inside the unit and took a small car load home last night.  I did find a nice mans watch, few tools and a Cuisinart coffeemaker.  Those should bring in some money.  I'll report back later on all my findings.  Healthe  :)

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 11:20:52 AM »
Since i nomally go on the whole tour * all the locations, i go back to the unit at the end of the day and do a quick search.
Mainly i just goes thru some boxes and stuff.  The main look thru happends when i have taken it all home. This becasue i tend to get a little excited when i find stuff, and i have to google it right away or find something like on ebay or other places.

I think i need a new phone that i can hook up to internet with and do it in the field, LOL

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 12:11:47 PM »
yes you do! My Iphone is my friend!! I love being able to look anything up anytime!

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 04:45:27 PM »
Ipad all the way!  Even the iphones and the droid x with their excellent screens are still a little too small.  I take the Ipad and if I'm bored during a run, I even post ads.  I have all my auction contacts on there, upcoming auctions, all the pictures of stuff I have for sale, and links to all my CL and Ebay stuff!  

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 04:58:28 PM »
I am getting my self an IPAD. lol

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 03:42:28 PM »
Hi Everyone,
Well, my husband and I went back the next day in 19 degree weather and brought it all home.  I was ready to retire from doing this after that day.  But, I feel better about it today.   ;D

Here's what I've found so far:

Round glass top coffee table
Long glass top coffee tables (2)
Glass top end tables (not in good condition)
Glass top TV/DVD stand
Tall thin speakers
Tall blond dresser
Metal shelving units for garage (2)
Small metal/wood bookshelf
Kodak Easyshare digital camera C513
Nice hat boxes
Nice lampshades (4)
Tall vases (one metal, one wicker)
Vintage barrel footstool
Unique wine holders
Kids Rollerblades
DVDs/CDs/VHS
2 Oster blenders
Cuisinart coffeemaker
Wall pictures & decorative mirror art
and much more!

I still need to go through the boxes.  I did get rid of lots of scrap metal that was in the unit.  So, all and all I'm pleased with what I found.  Healthe :)

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 09:26:15 AM »
Should make off fine. Sounds like your average unit nithing too exciting but enough to pay the bills

xx
Would you be more or less likey to attend a storage auction in bad weather?

Started by Travis

7 Replies
Last post December 22, 2012, 11:51:07 AM
by fredgsanford
xx
The Weather

Started by MovieMan

5 Replies
Last post December 04, 2013, 02:48:24 PM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
Weather