Storage Auctions

Bought my first units!

Bought my first units!
« on: August 26, 2011, 10:01:08 PM »
I went to my second auction today, there was only 8 people there, unlike my first one, where there was 80 people. I got two units, one for $5, turns out it had about $20 worth of stuff. The second unit I got for $45. I could see a tv, a nice dvd player, and what looked like pottery partially buried under some clothes. The dvd player turned out to be a really nice one, the tv was very broken, and the pottery was an urn full of ashes, (which I left with the office)!

Luckily, underneath the clothes, I found about 20 dvd's and about a dozen records, Disney collectibles, and then a bunch of other goodies. After researching online, I think I can make $150 to $200; not bad for my first units I guess.  ;D

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: Bought my first units!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 10:34:38 PM »
I went to my second auction today, there was only 8 people there, unlike my first one, where there was 80 people. I got two units, one for $5, turns out it had about $20 worth of stuff. The second unit I got for $45. I could see a tv, a nice dvd player, and what looked like pottery partially buried under some clothes. The dvd player turned out to be a really nice one, the tv was very broken, and the pottery was an urn full of ashes, (which I left with the office)!

Luckily, underneath the clothes, I found about 20 dvd's and about a dozen records, Disney collectibles, and then a bunch of other goodies. After researching online, I think I can make $150 to $200; not bad for my first units I guess.  ;D

Actually that is not bad at all. You more than doubled your money. And that is what your goal should be with every unit. Double your money.

Word of caution on TVs. Most tvs, even in good working condition, will not bring you in much money. Unless its a good size flat or plasma screen. But again word of caution, flat and plasma screens do act up funny after some time in a storage locker. I rarely take into consideration of any value when I see a TV. Just my personal opinion. Some may tell you otherwise.

xx
first units bought!!

Started by Austin_Harrison

11 Replies
Last post March 09, 2012, 02:50:05 PM
by Austin_Harrison
xx
bought my first 2 units...

Started by mrplusone

5 Replies
Last post November 22, 2011, 04:04:24 PM
by mrplusone
xx
A little nervous here~3 units bought~

Started by rockin the retro

12 Replies
Last post July 25, 2012, 12:54:23 AM
by justacent
xx
Has anyone bought any good units lately?

Started by Travis

10 Replies
Last post March 25, 2014, 08:56:46 AM
by Travis