Storage Auctions

got a locker today...

got a locker today...
« on: April 02, 2012, 07:05:32 PM »
I went to a auction today in tampa about 30 minutes away with the girlfriend. It was just a independent facility. I forget the name but whatever its not important. They had one unit, with about 15-20 people (considered verryyyyy small for this area) Sooooo i expected prices to be through the roof and for someone to over pay by 3 times what i thought it would be worth.

So they open the unit, nothing but boxes from the facility that the tenant had bought and boxed their stuff up with. You could literally not see one thing in it, just boxes. Only thing about the boxes is they were extremely well organzied, stacked neatly, and taken well care of. Alot of signs of respect of ownership, but not much to see in terms of ownership.

Anyways, the auctioneer starts at 200!? no bidders he lowers to 100, and people start walking away laughing that the auctioneer is a joke, but i stuck around. Nobody bid so i said ill give you 25, another to 75, i said 100 and was going to stop. He walked away and i won.

It was a 10x10 about 1/3 full so I figured it was worth the gamble on the type of owner it was. Anywyas first box i go in, there isnt much but at the bottom of the box is a brand new skil saw with tags still sealed in the box. Also 3 Brand new PC games still sealed in the box, I think Civilization 3, call to power, and civilization 3 gold edition.

Next box, again not much, except a HK .40 usp pistol brand new in the gun box.

Next box, HUGE SCORE! Brand new movado watch in the box with tags at a price of 1399.99 a brand new set of dior sunglasses with tags, and louis vuitton hobo style purse brand new with tags still in the dust bag.

next in the back was a big box (only box not from the facility) with a full set of tumi luggage. IF you are unaware tumi luggage is an extremely high end luggage company. I got a full size suitcase, a leather overnight bag, laptop bag, briefcase, and something like a pencil pouch. All a matching set. Still all wrapped in plastic, with the invoice on the box with a total cost of 1432.87.

Also there was box full of 283 cd's some used, some new still wrapped, but still quite good.

A few more odds and ends with 20$ bills there and 30$ bills there.

All in all I stand to make a hugeeeee profit! cant wait! My girlfriend never liked travelling with me to auctions or even going at all for that point, but now she is 100% on board ;)

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: got a locker today...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 07:56:53 PM »
Sounds like a winner !

Pictures would be nice. I'm especially interested in the HK.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 09:01:36 PM »
Yes pictures please.

Sounds great. glad you got a good one.

Sooooooo where was this in Tampa?  ;) Would keep it a secret if I were you.

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 09:43:15 PM »
Will try to post pictures asap. But started going through more boxes and found some 7000 and 9000 volt "indoor gaseous tube" transformers by france. Along with a 50+ pound lighting box by a company called voigt lighting industries, and it has a 400 watt metal halide light connected to it. not sure if its worth anything but pretty neat ( and very heavy!)

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 07:33:04 AM »
Congratulations! That sounds like your 1 in 100 unit! Enjoy that one and don't get discouraged if you don't see another one like that in a looong time. My only advice is to milk that one for all it's worth. I won a really good locker last summer and I think I made the mistake of treating the contents like any other run-of-the-mill storage locker stuff and didn't spend the time holding on to the inventory and maximizing my profit. Lesson learned, when you find really nice things, it's o.k. to hold them a little longer and try to find the best markets, time, or customers to sell them. The avarage to below average stuff comes and goes, the good stuff is rare.

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 07:39:01 AM »
sounds like that is a 1 in 100000 unit and you should of played the lottery that day also.  First to find a auction even with 1 unit and less then 50 people.  Second, to win a unit for $100 (5 of us in our area love boxes/totes), and then to find all those goodies.  That is a major score.

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 06:15:37 PM »
lucky lou

xx
Got my first locker today!

Started by stripedcomic

8 Replies
Last post October 30, 2011, 09:55:09 AM
by Millertime
xx
bought another locker today...

Started by otbg

10 Replies
Last post August 31, 2011, 09:42:36 AM
by craiglstauction
xx
Got a cheap locker today!

Started by the teacher

2 Replies
Last post March 31, 2011, 10:11:07 PM
by the teacher
grin
Got my first Locker Today!! So Far So Good!

Started by Todd Hamilton

10 Replies
Last post December 15, 2011, 05:56:47 PM
by gimmebargains