Storage Auctions

Guess what I paid

Guess what I paid
« on: November 10, 2013, 01:55:03 PM »
Here is a youtube video I took with my phone.  I did not move anything.

I have a history of overpaying.  My limit for this one was $450.  I am a chef so I know that Viking is a great brand.  Curious what you guys think

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Guess what I paid
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 02:01:01 PM »
Did you find any restaurant equipment?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 03:28:27 PM »
Here is a youtube video I took with my phone.  I did not move anything.

I have a history of overpaying.  My limit for this one was $450.  I am a chef so I know that Viking is a great brand.  Curious what you guys think

Watching that video was like looking at a listing on an online storage auction website !  In other words, non-conclusive.

From the 35 seconds or so view (in 2 dimensions, without the depth perception and sense of being there) I can't tell what YOU paid for it, but I can tell you what I would have paid for it....maybe $200.

I can tell you that I bought two pieces of stainless steel cooking equipment for a total of $40 and sold them for a total of $400. That's what I like about picking !  ;D

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 01:25:36 PM »
Ok here is a little better video.

Travis
We found a brand new Turbo Grill from BBQ Galore, retails for $1099
A Viking lowboy fridge
Uni Line stainless steel Ice maker
2 other ice makers
another new appliance I don't really know what it is.
It's a great facility for me because I know the manager and I usually have extra time to clear it.  I also rent a unit out of there so I have time to sell the items.

I paid $450
There a ton of Viking parts.

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 08:27:51 PM »

I can tell you that I bought two pieces of stainless steel cooking equipment for a total of $40 and sold them for a total of $400. That's what I like about picking !  ;D

What was the cooking equipment? 
I have a some very nice stainless steel stuff and we finally be getting to it this week.  Was just curious what you sold.  Thanks.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 09:18:21 PM »
What was the cooking equipment? 
I have a some very nice stainless steel stuff and we finally be getting to it this week.  Was just curious what you sold.  Thanks.

These were the kinds of cooking equipment which would used in a bodega/small shop for working with things like hot dogs, condiment applicators, etc.  They were not large scale cooking equipment as used in a full restaurant.

I also saw large scale stainless gear (all 3 x 3 by 5 feet) (three of them) at a piece by piece auction and they had starting prices on them that prevented anyone from bidding on them. They didn't sell and I don't know what happened to them after that.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 11:41:22 AM »
Now that's my kind of unit.   Unfortunately resell value of that sort of stuff isnt so good compared to retail but still a good score.    Check out your area for restaurant  supply houses.  They may want broken fridge for either parts or refurbish.   

Hopefully all the 'parts' are new.  Those will bring prices closer to retail.....

I don't think $400 is to bad.

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 07:29:11 PM »
I was finally able to dive into the unit and start to organize.  I am slow because of my day job and kids.  Here is a Clist ad for the grill

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/4200034138

I have started to call high end repair shops and have an appointment for them to come look at the broken appliances and parts Wednesday.  It was not as easy as I thought.  The way Storage Wars shows it there are always experts willing to help you at a drop of the hat.  Not so true in real life :).

Its interesting that I cannot use any of the stuff except for a painting in my new resale space, this stuff is pretty specific.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 07:54:34 PM »
The link you posted in reply #7 above is apparently the one YOU would use for MANAGING your ad.

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 07:01:31 AM »

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 09:52:42 AM »
Ok here is a little better video.

Travis
We found a brand new Turbo Grill from BBQ Galore, retails for $1099
A Viking lowboy fridge
Uni Line stainless steel Ice maker
2 other ice makers
another new appliance I don't really know what it is.
It's a great facility for me because I know the manager and I usually have extra time to clear it.  I also rent a unit out of there so I have time to sell the items.

I paid $450
There a ton of Viking parts.
I agree with MM

xx
So guess who i ran into today

Started by BigBizzz

12 Replies
Last post July 21, 2012, 08:29:31 AM
by BigBizzz
clip
Guess which Storage Wars cast member this is

Started by Travis