Storage Auctions

Jackpot ! Jackpot in the Safe ?

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Re: Jackpot ! Jackpot in the Safe ?
« Reply #165 on: November 01, 2011, 07:23:19 PM »
That's the buyer; I believe like the natives of old that having one's spirit captured by a magic box is a bad omen (at least in the forum sense !)  ;D

LOL I agree with you 100%  :D

Offline Bandit

• View Profile
    • Storage Battles
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: November 04, 2011, 09:18:48 PM »
 And You also had Two Friends standing there with Shotgun's to make sure He was an Honest Buyer  ? ::)

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2011, 10:02:42 PM »
And You also had Two Friends standing there with Shotgun's to make sure He was an Honest Buyer  ? ::)

Well, I personally don't blame him for bringing along a gun. He was bringing $400 in cash and didn't know me from the man in the moon.

It would have been a lot easier for me to take his CASH than it would have been for him to take my SAFE and run off without paying !

I once had a guy come to a storage facility to see a BIG 11HP Honda pressure washer which I was selling for $700 I think.

As I got them through the gate they pulled up along side me as I walked and said "What are you packing?"  I didn't get it at first but realized they were talking about a bulge under the back edge of my t-shirt....I flipped it up and showed them a Swiss Army Knife in a sheath.  Guess they thought I was going to hijack them. Again, they had cash to lose....I had a big item they would have to have loaded in their truck ...... sure they could lock me in a locker, but good luck getting out the gate.

I guess you just have to be cautious but still maintain the thought that most people are honest.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 10, 2011, 03:54:44 PM »
Just sold the aquarium for $100.....still have a few large pieces left, but right now this locker is at 8 times the money.

The lkr I got the other day for $1k looks like it will come out around 2 times the money. Quite a contrast!

Offline D

« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2011, 05:32:15 AM »
Hi all first post..

Looks like you have made out on the locker, but man you are crazy to leave the stuff on property for so long. That whole deal with the owner could have gone sooo much worse. I mean just think if it had been the ex BF that had come back wanting his stuff, thing can easily get nasty with that kind of situation.

If you need to keep the stuff in a locker as you go through it, you are better off just moving it to another storage facility, as it will offer you much more protection if the owner decides they want stuff back. Hell if you have to rent a truck and move it in one run, you already have the profit built in to cover something like that in a unit like this and it will let you quickly find out what you have with the bigger stuff than having to slowly dig through.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 18, 2011, 07:58:22 AM »
Hi all first post..

Looks like you have made out on the locker, but man you are crazy to leave the stuff on property for so long. That whole deal with the owner could have gone sooo much worse. I mean just think if it had been the ex BF that had come back wanting his stuff, thing can easily get nasty with that kind of situation.

Actually, since the ex boyfriend was on the contract, the last time they paid it up, he got all his tools and good stuff out of the front of the locker before it came up again for sale. HE was smart; she wasn't.

If you need to keep the stuff in a locker as you go through it, you are better off just moving it to another storage facility, as it will offer you much more protection if the owner decides they want stuff back.

Thanks for the advice, but having done this for eight years and almost 400 locker buys, that's not news to me. The guns went home right away; the 600 pound safe was in no danger of being stolen; flat-screen tv and any other small visible stuff went home with me.

Additionally, the facility is well alarmed, cameras all over and resident manager in a nice two story house above the office.

« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2012, 02:40:16 PM »
This is epic! Love seeing stories like this! Tired of hearing how fake storage wars is and that how you never find anything good. Thanks for sharing.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2012, 03:37:32 PM »
This is epic! Love seeing stories like this! Tired of hearing how fake storage wars is and that how you never find anything good. Thanks for sharing.

Oh, I've found plenty of goodies over 8 years, but I still say the SUPER-DELUXE lockers are only 1 in 50 or so. Of late I'm thinking 1 in 100.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: October 25, 2012, 03:12:59 PM »
I agree. Buy 10-20 units and you'll triple or quadruple your money on at least once. Buy 50 to 100 and you're bound to hit a unit where you make a 1000% return or more. It's just a numbers game.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 08, 2013, 08:07:14 PM »
I haven't looked at this thread for a LONG time so thought I would just post here for a moment.
It doesn't bump it to the top of the list because it was locked there a long time ago by the former owner of the forum....DREW.

Come August, 2013 it will be two years since I bought this one, and off hand I can only think of one other that was similar in quality and that was in May, 2012, almost a year ago.

A lot has happened in the biz since this good locker was bought...primarily the onslaught (and wave after wave) of new buyers because of the tv shows.

Currently in 2013 I have not bought a single locker and have hardly even bid on any. Prices too high, quality lower than I want, etc etc.  But PICKING has been good !

« Reply #175 on: March 11, 2013, 02:27:04 PM »
First I saw the title and was thinking - that is a blast from the past thread.  Then I did have to laugh Movieman when first started to read the post.  I got to a "just paid $1k for a lkr" and was like - huh....I missed that thread.  Then saw it was from 2011.

Still waiting for my major score like this.  Maybe in another 7 years and 350+ units to go I will.

xx
My 3rd Unit...Jackpot!!

Started by hibid

2 Replies
Last post October 10, 2011, 12:23:36 AM
by hibid
xx
My first unit and I hit the Jackpot!!!!

Started by Taemujin

3 Replies
Last post May 14, 2012, 05:30:06 PM
by che85mor