Storage Auctions

Let the assumptions begin

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Let the assumptions begin
« on: October 23, 2012, 08:25:58 PM »
Ok we have been out for awhile. Work and some family obligations. (old people LOL )

We have not been to an auction in months. Have even stopped looking them up for now.

So today on our way to town we get a phone call on my husbands cell phone.

Hello this is Barbra from storage facility-X. We are having an auction today at 10:00 AM today. (it was 10:00 when she called). Would we be attending? How many units do you have? 5

A little history this facility does not hold a lot of auctions. We have only attended one there (over 6 months ago). And at that time mainly regulars showed up. Not a huge crowed. We were unable to get there today. : (.

So are things getting back to normal when they are calling for bidders?

Offline Leota

• View Profile
    • Donna's Resale Attic
Re: Let the assumptions begin
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 08:15:55 AM »
It seems to be getting back to the ways it was but not all the time. We have been on a few that have only maybe 10 people max but then gone a few days later and there are 50+. The bidding seems to have died down on a whole but then again at some areas it is crazy. Ex: Yesterday we were on an independent run and most of the bids were normal. We proceeded to Stockton and at least two units that should have been 500.00 max went for over 1000.00.  Some older woman was doing the high bidding. One unit was two stacks or more of Staples tubs, and regular tubs EMPTY and a makeshift safe that had a large hole drilled  in the front plus more obvious DO NOT BID ON THIS UNIT flags!  There was some positive items in it but on a whole not that good.  Anyway, this woman bid it up to over 1000.00, we all just shook our heads. Then the other had (seriously) termites flying out as soon as it was opened and she bid 1160.00 on it! We couldn't believe it, but then again we have seen crazies like this before. We had to laugh when this regular piped up with "My papa always told me, Some people have more money than sense." She was closer to the truth than we might know. :-)

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 04:06:59 AM »
I am hopping the trend is dieing down.

We have just been in a holding pattern. Sales in the summer for us stink. (Fl.)
Starting to pick back up just sold a piece (have sat on for months) Antique side bar. Lowered the price to $250 and then got paid $50 to deliver. We had $20 bucks in it. (picking find).
So time to start listing things again for us.

"My papa always told me, Some people have more money than sense." We see that a lot down here.  ;D

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 02:45:21 PM »
Ok we have been out for awhile. Work and some family obligations. (old people LOL )

We have not been to an auction in months. Have even stopped looking them up for now.

So today on our way to town we get a phone call on my husbands cell phone.

Hello this is Barbra from storage facility-X. We are having an auction today at 10:00 AM today. (it was 10:00 when she called). Would we be attending? How many units do you have? 5

A little history this facility does not hold a lot of auctions. We have only attended one there (over 6 months ago). And at that time mainly regulars showed up. Not a huge crowed. We were unable to get there today. : (.

So are things getting back to normal when they are calling for bidders?
And what are the first three letter of assume mean?

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 03:30:56 AM »
Don' think they were that.

Just was curious of why they they called. Did nobody show up or just one lucky buyer?

xx
What is the best DAY to begin an eBay auction?

Started by MovieMan

4 Replies
Last post March 20, 2014, 02:45:45 PM
by TraderA
xx
What do you think is the best time for an eBay auction to begin ?

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post January 13, 2014, 12:48:20 PM
by StorageAuctionFinds
xx
Craigslist Flakes...Let the 2013 Flake Count Begin

Started by MovieMan

9 Replies
Last post April 23, 2013, 08:10:28 AM
by Leota