Storage Auctions

New Clothing With Tags ?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
New Clothing With Tags ?
« on: January 09, 2013, 09:53:59 AM »
Has anyone made a good score in the new clothing area?

Re: New Clothing With Tags ?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 12:35:03 PM »
Wife and I got a unit last week that was someone's discount store and had 5 rubbermaid bins full of name brand, new, tagged clothing (Nautica, Ralph Lauren, Levis, Gap, True Religion, etc..) and 3 bins worth of new or like new shoes (Timberland, Nike, Adidas) including 2 pairs of Air Jordans.  Unit also had a lot of NIB costume jewelry and a few watches with some bits of sterling silver mixed in. I have picked a few of the better items and have them on eBay right now, the rest I'll save for garage sale season and sell it off for between $2-20 a piece. Conservatively we should turn a $225 unit into at least $1000 at the end of the day but optimistically we could see $1700-2000!!

Anyone know any other way besides eBay and garage sales for shoes and clothes? Would love to find a store that pays (even if just a fraction of value) just to unload it all at once, liquidate, and BUY SOME MORE!

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 01:49:22 PM »
eBay is definitely the place to sell the expensive shoes. Someone might be looking for those Jordans in that size and be willing to pay top dollar. I have always had good luck with eBay and designer shoes.

You could try high end resale shops or put an ad on Craigslist for the entire lot. There are other resellers that specialize in shoes and designer clothing and they might buy them from you if they think they can make a profit.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 08:40:41 AM »

Anyone know any other way besides eBay and garage sales for shoes and clothes? Would love to find a store that pays (even if just a fraction of value) just to unload it all at once, liquidate, and BUY SOME MORE!

Plato's Closet.    platoscloset.com/locations#us

The most I've ever gotten is 1/3 of retail tho......

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 12:07:37 PM »
1/3 of retail would be awesome. I'll check them out!

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 12:33:42 PM »
Plato's Closet.    platoscloset.com/locations#us

The most I've ever gotten is 1/3 of retail tho......

platos closet is a good backup resource but they are super picky about what they take and they pay near nothing. ive used them before i normally take the store credit as its nearly double the cash amount and use it to buy clothes for myself.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 08:53:58 AM »
I have tried to sell clothing at Plato's Closet a few times with no luck. I brought in some really nice Polos, Hilfiger, Nautica, etc., and they didn't want them. Some of them were even brand new with tags. I agree, they are really picky. They just want the trendy teenie bopper stuff like Abercrombie and Aeropostale. I used to have stock in Aeropostale before it got big. I made some money on it and sold it all. I wish I would have held on to it!  :-[

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 12:58:40 PM »
Yeah, Plato's Closet was a big waste of time. I brought 2 bins full of new with tags brand name stuff (Levi's, Nautica, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, etc..) and they only offered to buy 2 pieces for a grand total of $4.25.  They only take stuff that is a season old or less regardless of quality or condition.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 10:17:38 AM »
Wow, sorry to waste your time!

Yours is a total clothes nazi.  Mine is picky but not that bad!

xx
Locking ID Tags

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post January 17, 2014, 09:20:06 AM
by Travis
xx
Clothes with Security tags

Started by RiverRoverPA

12 Replies
Last post January 08, 2013, 04:21:56 PM
by rulesforrebels