Storage Auctions

Not being lazy paid off.

Not being lazy paid off.
« on: September 24, 2012, 12:52:47 AM »
    Ive been to over a dozen auctions now, having a blast. The last one I purchased was a 10'x20'. It was trashed. It looked like someone worked on cars in it. paper everywhere, oil cans, nuts bolts etc. It was a mess. But not to bad. The auction started off at $5. Everyone started to leave...
    As I looked into the unit, I noticed a self jumper for car batteries... those retail for $60+. I also noticed in the back a box that I could see say "Walt." I was almost certain it was DeWalt... and it was. No one wanted to bid because no one likes to clean trash. Well, I said $1, the guy said screw it, sold, lets move on. $1 to see if the jumper works? Cha Ching. It does. I was also right on the DeWalt. I found a battery and charger, a power sander, a professional paint sprayer with all the nozzles and acces, and of course my jumper. Luckily there was a broom in the corner (which I didnt see.) I threw everything in a box, and swept the unit clean in 20 minutes.
   I went to go pay for the unit, and only having $100's I asked to make change. The guy behind me just gave me a $1 bill, so in return I gave him a $5 Starbucks card (which I got free.) So all in all, I got the locker for free! (I did find a quarter in there too, so I made cash as well. I now have $200 of tools because no one wanted to spend 20 minutes cleaning.... Oh Well.  :-)

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Not being lazy paid off.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 08:18:41 AM »
I now have $200 of tools because no one wanted to spend 20 minutes cleaning.... Oh Well.  :-)

Well, between your experience a month ago (see link below)....you've had the typical auction buyer experiences.

You are now approximately "even" plus you had the good experience of helping someone out.

Welcome to the biz !

http://storageauctionforums.com//index.php/topic,2780.msg19779.html#msg19779

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Not being lazy paid off.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 10:14:39 AM »
I went to go pay for the unit, and only having $100's I asked to make change. The guy behind me just gave me a $1 bill, so in return I gave him a $5 Starbucks card (which I got free.) So all in all, I got the locker for free! (I did find a quarter in there too, so I made cash as well.

With that kind of positive financial streak going on, I would be out buying a lottery ticket instead of posting here!  :D

xx
How do I get paid?

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post September 03, 2014, 01:49:31 PM
by Travis
xx
They paid what???

Started by Travis

6 Replies
Last post August 24, 2014, 10:21:51 PM
by Travis
xx
What would you have paid for this locker ?

Started by MovieMan

12 Replies
Last post December 03, 2013, 03:43:46 PM
by bwd111
xx
What is the most you have paid for a locker ?

Started by MovieMan

7 Replies
Last post November 30, 2012, 09:14:20 AM
by dbr831