Storage Auctions

OMG why would someone store this?

Offline Bane

OMG why would someone store this?
« on: March 07, 2012, 01:37:57 AM »
I picked up a storage unit in the little town of Dana Point California! One of the most affluent towns in the nation.  10 x 25 only $2200.00.  Seems expensive but I'm going to more than triple my money. 

Anyways I finally get to the back. In the back right corner I find a really old chest.  Open up the chest and there are some old family photos and some really old dolls. At the bottom of the the chest there is a bag from the apple store with a black box in it. Hmm weird to find an apple store bag in here.  I pull the black box out to read the label on it. I pulled it out sideways and the lid popped open and this white to gray looking dust spilled out and went all over me. I turn it upright and the box label I can barely make out. It f-ning says crematory on it.  bla bla bla remains of ......!!!! Yes I got sick to my stomach.  As I'm upchucking my wife keeps going whats wrong whats wrong. I'm just trying to forget what happened. 

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: OMG why would someone store this?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 09:54:37 AM »
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust,
The part you inhaled was her bust.

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 02:12:27 PM »
I have found several sets of Cremains.  Surprising to me was that only one set out of at least 3 was labeled with a name.  Took a while to figure out what the others were but the bone fragments were a give away.

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 07:24:39 PM »
That is not all that uncommon.  Most of the time it's pets that you find.  However, a good percentage is also grandma, grandpa, etc.'s remains.

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 10:08:28 PM »
was it marked Sparky or Ash--ly?

Offline Bane

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 04:00:53 AM »
It was a guys name..... his balls probably fell out on me;>

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 12:34:16 PM »
I had this happen on a unit last month. The unit was a total bust so when i found this ornate antique bottle looking thing I was a little excited started pouring out the contents into the trash and was like oh powder with bone fragments OMG. I realized what it was and got as much back into the bottle as I could and put it in personals box. I was definitely a little creeped out but I got over it. i said a little prayer for whoever it was and went about my business.
Nick

Offline Bane

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 05:03:37 PM »
I got a chuckle out of this thread…

About the closest I came is pictures of the husband or grandpa in the casket – not just one or two – I mean what seemed like over 50 pictures!

Real Creepy!

Hmmm, now that I’m thinking about it, I wonder if the old fart was really dead. Maybe he and the old lady had some sort of necrophilia going on.

OMG that's was funny.  In this same unit there were about 10 large plastic containers of nude photos of the lady that owned the unit. It was weird because that is excessive. Maybe about one box of family pics.

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 12:54:45 PM »
I pull the black box out to read the label on it. I pulled it out sideways and the lid popped open and this white to gray looking dust spilled out and went all over me. I turn it upright and the box label I can barely make out. It f-ning says crematory on it.  bla bla bla remains of ......!!!! Yes I got sick to my stomach.  As I'm upchucking my wife keeps going whats wrong whats wrong. I'm just trying to forget what happened.  

Is it bad that the only impact that this would have on me is being mildly annoyed that I got completely dusted in particulate?

The fact that it was another person's remains wouldn't bother me because it was all reduced to ash. Ash is ash.

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 10:01:53 PM »
Nah, the ash getting on me is what would piss me off too. Not it being somebodies taint.

xx
Anyone Actually Own a Store?

Started by genie144

35 Replies
Last post May 03, 2012, 08:00:26 AM
by craiglstauction
xx
I don't own a store......

Started by the teacher

10 Replies
Last post May 31, 2012, 02:26:12 PM
by craiglstauction