Storage Auctions

Post your pics

Post your pics
« on: March 05, 2011, 07:31:25 AM »
I looked but I couldn't find a thread to post pics of your finds. If there is one please let me know.

Anyway, I'm up for showing you some of my discoveries. Some are cool, others are downright creepy.

This could be a fun thread. So come on, share!

What most of my 3 units looked like. Yikes!

Re: Post your pics
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 07:37:37 AM »
So these were uber creepy. I wouldn't even bring them in my house. I feared they would try to kill me in my sleep. I locked them in my detached garage. Set the alarm on the truck, just in case they tried to escape, lol.

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 07:41:22 AM »
Some of the Christmas ornaments. Most are West German, with a couple Austrian, Czech and other European countries. They are simply beautiful. The orange slice is my favorite and I may have to keep that.

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 12:03:26 PM »
How do you plan on selling those Xmas bulbs?  In bulk or piece by piece?  eBay, craigslist or locL auction?

I only ask because last we we won a locker with a ton of high-end Xmas decorations.  Am planning on holding them until September.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 12:14:48 PM »
I hate things like those xmas bulbs. I imagine if you wanted to go out and buy them they would be big dollar items but good luck trying to sell them, will have trouble giving them away.

Lots of decorations like that, crystal, fine china if you look on speciality websites huge dollar items but often don't sell on ebay, you can make alittle money at garage sales and flea markets but nothing huge.

I took some China I been sitting on forever to the pawn shop the other day. Keep in mind not a typical pawn shop this one caters to women so tend to have lots of different stuff than your typical gold and stereos pawn shop.

Anyhow, the guy looked the stuff up and saw on speciality replacement china sites like $28 a plate however on ebay somenoe recently tried to sell 17 pieces for $6 and didn't sell.

I hate stuff like this. You know your sitting on items that have value but you can't get that value for them.

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 03:48:51 PM »
Donate it to Goodwill and take the tax write off for the full value. Helps reduce your overall tax burden and gets the stuff off your hands fast. 

In addition, not many people here mention the whole sales tax thing but I sure hope all the serious buyers have resale certificates and are NOT paying sales tax on the lockers?

Some good donations throughout the year really help make the business tax return look solid and avoid audits
Not to mention that you will be writing off all your fuel, facility's rent, truck and other asset depreciation and much more if you have a solid business CPA

Offline terry

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 09:05:52 PM »
the dolls look like $ to me

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 08:31:58 PM »
the dolls look like $ to me

the dolls look like pure evil to me :o

I'm pretty sure the scary clown looking ones are not $$$, but the mama one probably. I have to retain a doll expert, because there is so much doll related stuff. Some of it I know is pricey, not sure of some other stuff. For example: There are a lot of doll parts, heads, limbs, bodies but a lot of them don't have maker marks. Apparently in the doll world, some of the older ones just don't have the marks. That doesn't make it very easy to identify. Grrr.

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 08:36:56 PM »
How do you plan on selling those Xmas bulbs?  In bulk or piece by piece?  eBay, craigslist or locL auction?

I only ask because last we we won a locker with a ton of high-end Xmas decorations.  Am planning on holding them until September.

I think I'll probably sell them in little lots. Like maybe, the fish together, the Charlie Brown sweater looking ones, the spirals, etc.

I'm gonna hold them for a bit too. I can't imagine they'd sell well right now.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 09:12:08 PM »
Donate it to Goodwill and take the tax write off for the full value. Helps reduce your overall tax burden and gets the stuff off your hands fast. 

In addition, not many people here mention the whole sales tax thing but I sure hope all the serious buyers have resale certificates and are NOT paying sales tax on the lockers?

Some good donations throughout the year really help make the business tax return look solid and avoid audits
Not to mention that you will be writing off all your fuel, facility's rent, truck and other asset depreciation and much more if you have a solid business CPA

Not sure if my states laws are different or if it's just that nobody follow them but only recently did I even encounter an auction where they collected sales tax and it's only one auctioneer in particular that charges sales tax in my area.

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 02:56:59 PM »
I see alot of people are so hung up at what does not sell.
I have to say i think it has to do with the way you think about it and talk about it. I have so far had no problem selling stuff like that.
Most of the guys i talk to in the business are pretty damn open minded to most things, and they sell it.

I think that if you use ebay as a referanse towards everything, you will not sell anything. Ebay only has about 10 of the buyers market in USA, most customers you find outside ebay and craigslist.

Ebay and craigslist must be a extra sales medium and nothing else, if these two places are you main selling place, you will be stuck with alot of stuff.

And from reading some comments, it looks like some people use Ebay as a appraiser and sales confirming thing. The truth is that there is about 60 million products for sale on Ebay at any given time. You do not hav enough customers in there to buy it all.

One funny thing, i was told by people in here that beanie babies had to be given away, well i wonder why i then could sell all 34 of them in 2 days for 720 dollars to a serious collector, this collector told me he had been online checking ebay, but could not find the ones he wanted.

I have sold tons of nice china the last 4 months, for top dollar, i have sold nick nacks , i have sold 60% of everything i have gotten in my units. Things i have not sold are things i want to sit on for awhile so the value goes up or i am waiting for the right customer to showup.

If you want to sell your poroducts, be positive about them, be positive about your selling, then you will sell. If the first thing you do is to check ebay and see alot of unsold items, and you link that to you and your products, guess what, your not gonna sell it.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 05:53:09 PM »
I see alot of people are so hung up at what does not sell.

One funny thing, i was told by people in here that beanie babies had to be given away, well i wonder why i then could sell all 34 of them in 2 days for 720 dollars to a serious collector, this collector told me he had been online checking ebay, but could not find the ones he wanted.

I am a Beanie Baby complainer...and not without good reason. I think the thing you might be missing is geographical differences. Here in California you couldn't get the current Beanie fast enough...years ago...and now IN MY AREA they don't sell. Additionally, I think you did well on that deal, but finding that deal on a regular basis probably won't happen...my guess anyway.

Tell you what though in re-developing the positive attitude and successful sales record I have had for the last 7 years, I will save them all from now on and sell them to you at a bargain rate so you can make another $700 plus off them ... and about this I am not kidding... if you will agree to buy all I have a year from this date at $1 each and you pay the shipping.
  ;D

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 08:38:15 AM »
Rule #1:  Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 10:02:17 AM »
Rule #1:  Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

What? People lie? I don't believe it !

(and don't you believe THAT!, but I generally give people the benefit of a doubt)

xx
a place to post pics

Started by bigred

5 Replies
Last post November 17, 2011, 09:08:15 AM
by jrossjr79
xx
This unit sold for ..... post high dollar units here .... pics would be nice

Started by MovieMan

7 Replies
Last post March 22, 2011, 09:15:10 AM
by josepc