Selling Store Cards on eBay

Offline Charli

• Writer
    • View Profile
    • iBid4storage
    • Email
Re: Selling Store Cards on eBay
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 08:31:40 AM »
I tried to sell one of my Amazon gift cards, think it was $100 physical card and the only ones who responded on Craigs were those who wanted to "steal" the card for at the bare minimum of 70%. Amazon doesn't have everything I would like to buy so I thought I could at least shave $10-$15 off. People wanted me to shave $30 off.

I'd rather just buy what I can find. I have a stack of these Amazon cards I worked my butt off for a company during their contests. Got a lot of 1st place but I earned the spot, wasn't an easy win. So I am not so easy to part with the cards for so little.

I have no idea how people make money buying cards unless they are able to buy from desperate people or stolen cards or somehow people who attained cards for free at work or at a discount to them.

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2013, 04:42:58 PM »
Amazon has nothing you would like to buy?  Do you realize you can get everything from books to groceries to hardware to gun accessories on Amazon? heh

If nothing else troll Amazon for specials and see what you might be able to buy and flip locally.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 09:52:17 AM »
Heard about another gift card scam last night.   This comes second hand, I didn't read article, so might have some facts wrong.....

Basically, this guy pays junkies to shoplift cards off rack at store.  These are not activated.
He then activates ONE card.    Then he uses a card reader/writer to duplicate the info on remaining cards.
He built a printing press to change he card number and PIN.  Bam!   Now has x-number of cards all showing a balance.    As long as he sells them all before the first is used......which was easy cause he sold right before Xmas so good chance they were gifts.....won't be used until after Xmas....

Other thing he'd do is scan the stolen cards then go replace them at the store.
He would keep checking the balance untill one was legitimatly activated, dupe the card and use it.

xx
Selling Gift Cards on eBay

Started by Travis

10 Replies
Last post June 25, 2015, 09:42:07 PM
by PaulChau
xx
Tips for selling Sports Cards on eBay

Started by rollinradios

1 Replies
Last post August 29, 2011, 03:58:16 PM
by Benluby