Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Two 1909 VDB Pennies
« on: March 16, 2011, 11:09:41 PM »
Was talking to my Grandpa today, he's been going to auctions for years but does it more for personal collecting than trying to make money. He collects tools, coins, and guns.

He was at an auction today and bought a box of coins off a guy who won a unit. Paid $50 for a box with a few of those hard plastic coin rolls/cases with a bunch of old coins.

He was sorting through tehm and found two 1909 VDB Pennies. He said one was in rought shape but teh other was in great shape. I guess they go for anywhere form about a grand to a couple thousand depending on condition and year.

Don't think he nor the guy thought anything especially good was in there seeing as how none of it was graded or in those coin cases.

I guess there's a reason to take home and inventory stuff before taking a quick sale unless it's a couch or obviously something that doesn't have the potential to have a lot of value.

Re: Two 1909 VDB Pennies
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 12:10:43 AM »
I don't like to get rid of anything until I get a chance to verify value.  My sometimes auction partner sold a painting he got out of a locker to another buyer for $500.  That guy knows his art, and he turned around and sold it for $6000!  My buddy was pissed, but he was the dumb ass that sold it without checking it's value first!

xx
How do you pinch pennies?

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post March 27, 2014, 09:27:39 AM
by Travis
xx
Any boardies into hoarding copper pennies and or buying copper ingots/bars?

Started by rulesforrebels

22 Replies
Last post October 30, 2011, 04:55:28 PM
by LoneStarAds.US