Storage Auctions

Units going cheap!

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Units going cheap!
« on: August 11, 2014, 02:31:45 PM »
Went to an auction the other day where units were going cheap. That's probably because there were only 6 people there and only 4 were bidders. I bought the most expensive unit for $40. I wasn't really planning on buying anything because I was there on other business, but for $40 I couldn't resist.

The unit had an almost new king size mattress, a king size headboard (which matched my bedroom furniture and I was lacking the headboard) a $400 rechargeable mulching mower, a nice white cabinet with shelves, a microwave, office cubicles, two crappy dressers, a decent desk, an okay recliner and some other miscellaneous items.

Took the valuables and put the rest on Craigslist under the free section. Since I was an hour from home and I didn't have a trailer, I had to get creative. I looked like the Beverly Hillbillies since I had furniture stacked 4 feet high on the roof rack of my SUV.

Re: Units going cheap!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 02:24:37 PM »
I wanna see a picture of this!!!   

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 06:39:19 PM »
Wish I would have taken pictures of the entire unit.

Put the mattress on Craigslist and had it sold in an hour. I couldn't find the charger for the 19" Black & Decker 24 volt mulching mower, but luckily I found one on eBay and I'm the high & only bidder at $4.99 + shipping. 

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 11:13:00 PM »
I found one on eBay and I'm the high & only bidder at $4.99 + shipping. 

Post the link, we'll help you pay a more fair price for it. :)

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 12:24:17 AM »
Ha Ha!

I hope no one else bids. All of the other chargers for sale are $50-60. That would really cut into my profits and I don't even know if the battery is good. I think the battery is okay and just needs a charge. When I tried to start it, it made a faint sound like it was trying to turn over.

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 10:42:00 AM »
I've had good finding stuff like that on ebay!   I have also found chargers and the like hidden in wierd places in storage units..

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 04:56:10 PM »
Popped on a room, first in a while, for $500 (still considered cheap in my area) will actually do about $10k on it.  Haven't had one like this in over a year.  I'm glad to say they still exist in my neck of the woods.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 05:19:21 PM »
Popped on a room, first in a while, for $500 (still considered cheap in my area) will actually do about $10k on it.  Haven't had one like this in over a year.  I'm glad to say they still exist in my neck of the woods.

Nice margin.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 08:36:12 AM »
Nice margin.

I think as more people start to "forget" about the TV shows then we will see better rooms become available again. The shows really taught people yes, your stuff will get sold! I think it changed the storage habits of many, and people don't leave valuables in rooms like they use to.

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 07:46:18 PM »
yah, i had a good pop. bought 6 units for total of $370 on tuesday. moved it all into the warehouse. i went through the unit i liked most and found all kinds of old collector toys from the 70's and older. i dont think itll be quite 10 grand but its a nice one. Nice hit by the way.

Offline ChristopherJames

• Dream, Believe Create Succeed.
    • View Profile
    • Supercheap Selfstorage North Brisbane
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 11:00:08 PM »
Don't we all wish that we had days like this when the turn out at the storage auctions are abysmal and there's only profits to be made! Haha! I bet that a lot of people wish they could be in your shoes!

xx
Got a cheap locker today!

Started by the teacher

2 Replies
Last post March 31, 2011, 10:11:07 PM
by the teacher
xx
Great cheap unit pays big!

Started by gtholm2003

4 Replies
Last post November 09, 2011, 02:24:15 PM
by Kitsap83
xx
Need a truck- auctions and cleanouts-opinions welcome- from cheap to $5k

Started by elvisluvs

10 Replies
Last post July 14, 2011, 12:01:35 AM
by Bandit
xx
Have you ever bought a locker and been surprised that it sold so cheap?

Started by Travis

8 Replies
Last post August 07, 2014, 01:36:00 PM
by alloro