Storage Auctions

Worse locker ever

Worse locker ever
« on: March 02, 2011, 05:31:42 PM »
By worse, I mean the way the stuff was packed ,..

My son got a locker last week, I have been sorting it out for him, it was about 30 totes and 12-15 sacks of stuff..   he will break even and maybe make a little on this.. but I never seen a unit packed like this one.. the totes I mean.. The people must have had to move in a hurry and everyone went to one room with their own totes and starting filling it.. I had like 25 single shoes, no telling how many single socks.. toys galore, a piece in one tote , a piece in another and another.. I was trying to sort as I went.. but like this I had to  put pieces and parts everywhere to see if I could piece something together.. .. it s  good I had a few days off and nothing else to do..lol.. I am not new to this but if I had to do this everytime I would go back to golfing or fishing.. .IF  a newbie had gotten this locker. I am sure it wouldve been his last. There certainly was not a wow factor here.. but with hard work it will pay off.. and I cant help but wonder where all the matches for the shoes are.. lol. there were several nice womens shoes and several of the leather thigh high boots, I know shoes are  not a great seller but these would have been worth a few bucks as they were new or practically new.
This was work and double work.. I may have charge my son by the hour..lol

Re: Worse locker ever
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 06:55:10 PM »
Was this a Memphis locker? lol

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 07:41:13 PM »
haha... no, a bit east of Memphis. My real job is keeping me from memphis auctions at the moment.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 08:20:18 PM »
Those are always fun!

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 10:10:48 AM »
Sometimes those quickly packed lockers though often full of junk can have good stuff. People packing stuff so quick they may toss some stuff in storage they didn't mean to.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 10:54:29 AM »
I just came from an auction.  One of the lockers had three boxes of adult diapers and a small dresser with no drawers.  It went for around $200.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 12:22:49 PM »
I just came from an auction.  One of the lockers had three boxes of adult diapers and a small dresser with no drawers.  It went for around $200.
:o

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 11:09:35 PM »
Not this one... knew we were in trouble when got to a box of folders from a filing cabinet and there was a folder labeled  "BOUNCED CHECKS" .. evidently they had so many they had to have a folder for them..lol

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 05:47:53 AM »
Never a good sign with bounced checks or a lot of legal suits. I guess I'm still lucky or its because I shy away from '****ty' lockers because I haven't yet hit a really bad one. A few that were less than desireable but still managed to get my $$ out with time and persevearance.

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 08:38:31 PM »
I took a gamble and bought a unit full of boxes in great shape and taped nicely. It was all clothes minus finally 2 car stereo amps. One worked and one didn't, I barely broke even on it. $50 wasn't too much to gamble though

Offline terry

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 09:03:40 PM »
By worse, I mean the way the stuff was packed ,..

My son got a locker last week, I have been sorting it out for him, it was about 30 totes and 12-15 sacks of stuff..   he will break even and maybe make a little on this.. but I never seen a unit packed like this one.. the totes I mean.. The people must have had to move in a hurry and everyone went to one room with their own totes and starting filling it.. I had like 25 single shoes, no telling how many single socks.. toys galore, a piece in one tote , a piece in another and another.. I was trying to sort as I went.. but like this I had to  put pieces and parts everywhere to see if I could piece something together.. .. it s  good I had a few days off and nothing else to do..lol.. I am not new to this but if I had to do this everytime I would go back to golfing or fishing.. .IF  a newbie had gotten this locker. I am sure it wouldve been his last. There certainly was not a wow factor here.. but with hard work it will pay off.. and I cant help but wonder where all the matches for the shoes are.. lol. there were several nice womens shoes and several of the leather thigh high boots, I know shoes are  not a great seller but these would have been worth a few bucks as they were new or practically new.
This was work and double work.. I may have charge my son by the hour..lol
read the legals this sounds like one owner with more than 1 unit. Most times they will sell all units as one. but not always. be surprised you buy the dresser without drawer next guy buys drawers without dresser

Offline TonyT

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 10:46:53 AM »
read the legals this sounds like one owner with more than 1 unit. Most times they will sell all units as one. but not always. be surprised you buy the dresser without drawer next guy buys drawers without dresser

haha, I wonder how much the drawers would be worth to the guy that has the dresser  ;D

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 11:47:16 AM »
My worst locker so far was a 10X30 that had flooded. It was another auction bidders trash storage so even if it was not wet it woudl have been bad. Cost only $40 but $200 at the dump gettign rid of all the trash included were 20 pieces of either matresess or box springs some soaking wet.

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 04:50:16 PM »
I guess I've been very lucky because my worse locker ever was one I only broke even on after labor costs and dump fees. I've managed to "SQQQQEEEEZZZZZZ" $$$$ out of almost everything. I keep a running log book and list the facility, locker number, purchase bid, and then a listing of each item that came from that locker. Then a column for sales 'asking' prices found on the net then a column for what I list it for amd finally a column for what I sell it for. All done in MS EXCEL. Now, I say I, but in reality it's my wife wife who does that and is a very organized lady due to her accounting background..................

xx
Spammers Getting Worse? Is that possible?

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post April 15, 2013, 07:48:48 AM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
Why does everyone complain about ebay policies and fees when Amazon is worse?

Started by rulesforrebels

3 Replies
Last post November 29, 2014, 11:17:55 AM
by rulesforrebels
xx
What is the good locker to average locker ratio?

Started by MovieMan

15 Replies
Last post March 12, 2011, 10:50:37 AM
by Travis
xx
What is the “good” locker to “average” locker ratio ?

Started by MovieMan

8 Replies
Last post February 11, 2013, 11:11:38 PM
by Bryan