Storage Auctions

Would you try to sell this?

Would you try to sell this?
« on: May 04, 2013, 12:46:20 PM »
I found this in a unit last week, shoved in between two couches. I was surprised to say the least.

Based off my research this seems to be a popular image, with the K's always being diagnol in the same spot. There are 4 K's on this one, instead of just three. Could of just been a pre-caution by the artist, or a leader reference perhaps? The material is like a velvet feel. Hand painted.

I run a big yard sale everyday where I live, but wouldnt dare put this out to be seen. However I do think it could fetch some kind of monetary value to the right person ($20-$50? Maybe more?). So what do you guys think, would you bother trying to sell it at all?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Would you try to sell this?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 02:07:05 PM »
I think your best bet would be eBay. eBay has plenty of items for sale with this subject matter. I'm sure there is a collector or someone affiliated with the organization who would pay a lot more than $50 for it. I would put it up for auction and let it ride.

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 06:44:05 PM »
I agree. Ebay is your best bet. I would sell it, but not with a face to face interaction. I would also put in your Ebay listing that you are not affiliated with any organization nor do you support the subject matter. Maybe mention that you are a reseller and found this in a storage auction. Don't want to put out in the atmosphere that you are a connoisseur of KKK memorabilia..

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 07:06:14 PM »
What's up with all the sideways photos by the way? (This photo & your avatar)

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 09:06:02 PM »
What's up with all the sideways photos by the way? (This photo & your avatar)

Fayettenam is a city in NC near the Fort Bragg Army Base. Because of all the military personnel, the town had more than it's fair share of hookers. So I guess we can make the assumption that anything associated with the city of Fayettenam will be found laying down.

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 09:58:49 PM »
Fayettenam is a city in NC near the Fort Bragg Army Base. Because of all the military personnel, the town had more than it's fair share of hookers. So I guess we can make the assumption that anything associated with the city of Fayettenam will be found laying down.

You are right on the money there, although it IS cleaner than it used to be (the hookers or the streets?). 

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 10:01:32 PM »

That's just wrong. I think he and his wife were wrestling in the avatar pic. He had her pinned down.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 10:38:25 PM »
That's just wrong.

Apparently not, read the post above yours. :P

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 10:58:34 PM »

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 08:31:35 PM »
Wanted to give everyone an update on this. I did put this up on ebay, in which the span of 6-12 hours it was removed by ebay. But in that time I recieved several messages from serious klan collectors. To make a long story short, it will be shipped on its way to a new owner tomorrow for the price of $275. The picture alone will be profit on the locker it came out of. I also made a new contact for any KKK items. A nice profit for something that could of ended up in the trash!

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 09:52:13 PM »
Interesting that eBay would remove it.   I don't  agree with them but the kkk is a legal group with free speech rights.    I've seen Black Panther and Black Power items listed. 

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 09:56:59 PM »
I would think they would've stated a reason for the removal. But in the absents of that, there's this: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/offensive.html

Be sure to go down and click the KKK link to see exactly what is or isn't allowed.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 10:21:16 PM »
Since you made so much money on it are you considering selling the other ones you have hanging in your living room?

:D   I'm kidding of course, I know you would never sell those.   :D  I'm on a roll tonight. 

Once again, kidding. Just for the record, Fayettenam Man does not have KKK paintings hanging in his living room. They're on the wall in his bedroom.  :D

Okay, Okay...I'll stop now.

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 12:24:07 AM »
Heres the reasoning from ebay if anyone is curious.

You recently listed the following listing:

261214727681 - Ku Klux Klan Hand Painted Canvas Framed White Robed Horse/Man

Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because of the following:

Your listing identified the item as a Ku Klux Klan (KKK) item, or one that may promote the organization.

Regardless of the historical value of the item, if it is related to an organization of hatred like the KKK, it will not be allowed on eBay.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation and ask you to please not relist.

Items promoting or glorifying hatred, violence, or racial or religious intolerance aren't allowed. Items that promote organizations with these views are also prohibited.

Some examples of prohibited listings include:

- Relics from the Ku Klux Klan or anything that bears the KKK symbol
 - Items promoting the Aryan Brotherhood or Neo-Nazi groups

This restriction includes items that have the organization's symbols blocked, cropped, or are otherwise not shown in the listing.

The market here really surprised me. I wouldnt mind a whole unit of this stuff, guys were chomping at the bit to get it!

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 01:06:12 AM »

Items promoting or glorifying hatred, violence, or racial or religious intolerance aren't allowed. Items that promote organizations with these views are also prohibited.

eBay still allows the sale of the Quran which contains commands to kill people who who don't have the same faith. But eBay wouldn't want to be religiously intolerant to Muslims.  ::)  Regardless of whether someone approves or disapproves of the KKK, they're still a religious organization. How can eBay be tolerant of one religious group but not another?   

xx
Ithaca 1000-2 Receipt Printers? Where to sell and what to sell them for?

Started by rulesforrebels

1 Replies
Last post May 23, 2011, 11:03:21 PM
by jrossjr79
xx
Where do you sell?

Started by janette

8 Replies
Last post December 18, 2014, 05:52:48 PM
by bakerben
xx
Where to sell?