Storage Auctions

A Bidder as an Auctioneer

Offline alloro

• View Profile
A Bidder as an Auctioneer
« on: December 17, 2011, 11:57:48 AM »
We have this guy in our area that goes to just about every storage auction around. He's one of the old timers that have been buying at storage auctions for 40+ years. Then today I went to a storage auction that I was made aware of by other than my normal sources. So I see this same guy there and figure he's there to bid like the rest of us. Nope, he's the auctioneer. So now I'm thinking to myself, is this how he dumps off his unsellable items?

Any thoughts on this?

Re: A Bidder as an Auctioneer
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 04:04:23 PM »
I dont see anything wrong with that, my problem would rest with an auctioneer bidding at his OWN auction, which most of the time that will be said in the legal print but rarely happens.

The one time I've seen it, the guy actually owned the storage facility itself, which made the whole thing crooked as a snake. He was playing with his own money both ways. 

Offline Boxlot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 06:38:39 PM »
I would have no problem with that.  If you don't want a locker don't bid on it no matter who's it is.  We have a young guy here who buys lockers and has his own auction house.

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 07:40:33 PM »
We also have a few bidders that own a auction house.  Those I don't have a problem with.  In Alloro's case I'd be very wary and suspecious.  Like you said - are these lockers his "trash" lockers.  I'd stick to ones that were in the paper and not just all of a sudden surrendered.  Would also may watch for an auction or two and talk with people you know that won.

Could very well be nothing wrong but always be careful.

xx
Central California Auctioneer Joins American Auctioneer (Dotson) Staff

Started by MovieMan

0 Replies
Last post July 05, 2013, 09:29:17 AM
by MovieMan
xx
Auctioneer loses facilities to other auctioneer

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post November 20, 2013, 09:04:20 PM
by the teacher