Storage Auctions

Auctioneers and the established long time buyers

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Auctioneers and the established long time buyers
« on: September 21, 2011, 05:25:21 PM »
Seen this more then I care to see at certain auctions.

Auctioneer today was auctioning off a unit at a new location after coming from a previous location.  Bidding continues with a regular and someone I have never seen before and regular is about to win the unit.  Then another long time buyer(His name is Bill and he buys everything, literally) shows up, Auctioneer stops in the auction and lets him get his on personal f'ing look, digest on it, then bid.  What do you know Bill buys it.

I have also seen Auctioneers wait for all her regulars to arrive.  This ***** takes forever and her waiting for all her regulars are a royal pain in the ass.  If someone isn't there at the advertised auction time tough ****, my time is worth just as much as Mr. or Mrs. Long Time Regulars time.  Maybe they will learn to get to the auctions on time or not stop for that cup of coffee and doughnuts between facilities.

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Auctioneers and the established long time buyers
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 05:32:49 PM »
its all cash to the auctioneer.  If they wait an extra 2 minutes to get an extra 200-500 dollars in bidding, thats a pretty nice commission.  To the auction buyer, it kinda sucks.

This seems to happen more with actual autioneers, the facility managers generally just want to get it done.

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Auctioneers and the established long time buyers
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 05:47:10 PM »
its all cash to the auctioneer.  If they wait an extra 2 minutes to get an extra 200-500 dollars in bidding, thats a pretty nice commission.  To the auction buyer, it kinda sucks.

This seems to happen more with actual autioneers, the facility managers generally just want to get it done.

These auctions have had enough shill bidding to outweigh auctioneers waiting for the regulars.

xx
Collusion between auctioneers and their favorite buyers

Started by Travis

5 Replies
Last post June 03, 2014, 12:48:44 AM
by Travis
xx
These silver bars were in storage.....A LONG TIME !

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post July 25, 2013, 06:19:25 PM
by Travis
xx
Units in storage for long periods of time

Started by Dregs

5 Replies
Last post January 04, 2012, 06:56:25 AM
by craiglstauction
xx
That was really a long day..............

Started by jrossjr79

2 Replies
Last post May 07, 2011, 07:19:46 PM
by jrossjr79