Storage Auctions

Anyone see the chessy Storage Wars chessy promo?

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
Anyone see the chessy Storage Wars chessy promo?
« on: May 31, 2012, 09:26:42 AM »
Why use the A-team intro for Storage Wars. A-teams work together and there is no  work together on that show. What a sell out! They have taken this show way to deep from what it started out to be. I know the producer have an obligation to the ad companys to make the show watchable and entertaining but this is way too much. Here is the link http://www.aetv.com/storage-wars/?paidlink=1&cmpid=PaidSearch_Google_tune_AETV_storage%2Bwars_storage%2Bwar&utm_source=google_tune&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=storage%20wars&utm_term=storage%20war

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Anyone see the chessy Storage Wars chessy promo?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 12:51:55 PM »
I kinda liked it!

It's tongue-in-cheek; these guys can make a little fun of themselves.  Of any of the shows they are the "best" and will continue to do well for a while I would guess.

Meanwhile, Auction Hunters has just fallen into the deepest pit of "setup" I've ever seen.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 02:29:11 PM »
I kinda liked it!

It's tongue-in-cheek; these guys can make a little fun of themselves.  Of any of the shows they are the "best" and will continue to do well for a while I would guess.

Meanwhile, Auction Hunters has just fallen into the deepest pit of "setup" I've ever seen.

Its a cool little video and great production valuve, but way to over the top for buying storage units.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 02:33:55 PM »
Its a cool little video and great production valuve, but way to over the top for buying storage units.

As you have often said (and I paraphrase here)...."It's TV; it's not reality".  I am the first to admit that I have not seen
anyone rappel down into an auction, though "explosions" of one kind or another do happen somewhat regularly, usually in the form of "You can't sell my stuff...that's my stuff !"  ;D

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 09:47:14 AM »
As you have often said (and I paraphrase here)...."It's TV; it's not reality".  I am the first to admit that I have not seen
anyone rappel down into an auction, though "explosions" of one kind or another do happen somewhat regularly, usually in the form of "You can't sell my stuff...that's my stuff !"  ;D
True! And the demo the video is targeting is 18 -45. So basically if your over the age of 45 they dont want you or care if you watch ther show. Target is for a younger crowd as you can seethe video is not for age 55 and up

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 10:55:43 AM »
Wait a sec...I am way over 55 and thought the promo was cute! ;)

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 12:27:00 PM »
Wait a sec...I am way over 55 and thought the promo was cute! ;)
The demo the show is going after is the hip younger crowd. Ad are being sold to the 18-40 demo. You can like the promo but the ad companys are wanting a younger demo.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 06:25:22 PM »
i hate those commercials

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 02:39:29 PM »
i hate those commercials
SW is a total sell out. Now its more for the entertaiment value and less and less as a reality show. Cant wait to see what crowds will show at auctions now. I bet you see a very young and dumb crowd jacking the bids to the extreme . Old school out new school in.

xx
Finally an eBay promo I can use....

Started by Alias300

4 Replies
Last post September 11, 2013, 11:57:42 AM
by bwd111
xx
Newspapers VS. Storage Industry - The Real Storage Wars

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post February 26, 2015, 10:48:45 PM
by MikeMilez
xx
Have you ever met anyone from Storage Wars?

Started by MarcusBaur

4 Replies
Last post April 12, 2015, 10:29:16 AM
by TheStorageBunker
xx
Storage Wars!

Started by Storage WarriorRF

6 Replies
Last post March 14, 2011, 04:22:43 PM
by MovieMan