Storage Auctions

ENTIRE storage facilty (over 100 units) UP FOR SALE !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
ENTIRE storage facilty (over 100 units) UP FOR SALE !
« on: March 30, 2013, 10:13:42 PM »
Here's your chance to make a really winning opportunity in the Storage Business !

insideselfstorage.com/news/2013/03/new-zealand-self-storage-facility-on-auction-block-unless-private-buyer-found.aspx

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: ENTIRE storage facilty (over 100 units) UP FOR SALE !
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 10:42:01 PM »
The auction was March 6th. So all you need to do is come up with a few million, travel back in time and move to New Zealand. Let me know how that works out.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 10:56:40 PM »
The auction was March 6th. So all you need to do is come up with a few million, travel back in time and move to New Zealand. Let me know how that works out.

Wouldn't have mattered if it was this coming June. No one here has that kind of money nor a desire to move to New Zealand. I thought it was interesting they were selling the whole place and if I remember correctly, it was the only one in NZ.

If time travel was possible I'm sure a lot of us here would do things differently....wouldn't you? Maybe not.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 10:28:09 AM »
Overall, it doesn’t look like a bad business to get into as long as there are some apartment communities in the area. Those with apartment communities near by seem to have the better ROI.

I've looked at the ROI's as well. Also, the asking prices are usually 10 X net. Having a background in real estate appraisal and investing, I can honestly say the ROI not impressive. Safe but not lucrative.

I think virtual real estate can be a great investment. I'm focusing on buying websites that run on auto pilot and generate residual cash flow. Take this forum for example. It will take me less than 3 years to recoup my initial investment and then I'll have a 33% or greater return for the rest of my life.

With a 100K investment in real estate, you would be lucky to net $700 a month. With that same 100K investment in income producing websites you could easily make $3500-4000 a month.

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 09:40:06 AM »
There is still a storage facility in my area up for sale.  No buyers since it would cost almost as much to renovate / update the place as it is to buy it.  In fact a new location was built just down from my house for cheaper I think then buying the other location would have been.

xx
Advance purchase of an entire yard sale

Started by cstore7

7 Replies
Last post September 19, 2013, 12:18:03 PM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
whats the most units you ever seen for sale?

Started by bigred

19 Replies
Last post December 11, 2012, 09:32:29 AM
by Travis
xx
Entire retail store found in 10x25 unit, what did i pay?

Started by bakerben

6 Replies
Last post November 23, 2014, 09:31:30 AM
by alloro
xx
First Storage Garage Sale

Started by TraderA

4 Replies
Last post April 13, 2014, 06:49:47 PM
by TraderA