Storage Auctions

Just like I said. Dave hester wants more money to be on the show

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
I knew it! Now its public and people that that kept saying oh the show is 100% and know no one is getting paid! Well Hester wants the cash.  See you have the good the bad and the ugly in the show. The show is scripted and paid actors. Feel kinda bad for all the newbiews that watched the show thinking it was real then jumped in after watching the show. Well monkey see monkey do.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Just like I said. Dave hester wants more money to be on the show
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 05:19:56 PM »
I knew it! Now its public ...

Please cite your source. Thank you.

Edit:

Never mind; I just googled it. Here's one of the links and in it they quote THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER. I know I always go to them when I want the straight scoop (especially on aliens impregnating earth women)  ;) .

http://www.cele*****y.com/203742/storage_wars_dave_hester_wants_more_than_just_the_10k_an_episode_hes_getting_paid/

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 05:25:38 PM »
I think at this point most people realize that reality show participants are paid, regardless of any scripting that may be going on. And by the way, they should be paid. You want to follow me around with an on-site producer, boom operator and cameraman and have me do interview segments on top of that, you better make it worth it for me.

What I'm curious about is why do you, as someone who claims to hate the show so much, spend so much damned time researching and reporting and "whistle-blowing" Storage Wars?!?

As someone who enjoys watching the show, I spend far less time enjoying it than you do hating on it.

Hell, do what you want, but it seems to me you would be better served spending your time doing something productive.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 06:16:59 PM »
You want to follow me around with an on-site producer, boom operator and cameraman and have me do interview segments on top of that, you better make it worth it for me.
At one of our auctions today some yahoo was videotaping (there's no tape, so perhaps filming....nope same problem~whatever it's called.....) via his cell phone.  I was torqued and popped off once (under my breath of course) that he ought not be photographing folks.  He did shut it down, but dang.....crap like that just irks me!  Unless of course it ends up on Youtube and the producers of the show see it and see how awesome we are here in Southern AZ and I get cast as a Brandi character....minus the heels of course......and make a small fortune while thinking back to the days of when we used to have to work for a living~ ;D

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 07:26:33 PM »

Hell, do what you want, but it seems to me you would be better served spending your time doing something productive.

I don't know MM, if he enjoys doing it what's the harm?  But I do agree it's pretty much a given that all the auction show participants get paid and there are some fake elements; it's the "setup" items that I enjoy calling out when I do a play-by-play on Storage Wars (original); I pretty much gave up reviewing the Texas version as it's just too comical for words !

As to the time involved in doing these posts, since I'm not buying as many lockers (and therefore not cleaning out as many) I've got to do something with my time (maybe this is the case for our Utah member as well).

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 09:57:09 PM »
Maybe we should have our own reality show.Storage Wars Hell.I'm sure they can get us much cheaper.It would be nice to bid with someones elses money.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 10:22:19 PM »
Sorry, MovieMan, but my post was directed at bwd. He has over 250 posts on this forum and 235 of them are reports bashing SW with info he has researched, from ratings to contract info, to who knows what.

Just seems like a lot of time and effort on something he claims he hates.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 10:28:20 PM »
Sorry, MovieMan, but my post was directed at bwd. He has over 250 posts on this forum and 235 of them are reports bashing SW with info he has researched, from ratings to contract info, to who knows what.

Yep, I realized that but since I spend a lot of time on the forum and review the SW shows I thought I would throw myself in with his lot just to be nice !  ;D

My only complaint with his posts is that he seems to NEVER cite a source...oh well. In reporting, attribution is everything.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 09:51:56 AM »

Edit:

Never mind; I just googled it. Here's one of the links and in it they quote THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER. I know I always go to them when I want the straight scoop (especially on aliens impregnating earth women)  ;) .

http://www.cele*****y.com/203742/storage_wars_dave_hester_wants_more_than_just_the_10k_an_episode_hes_getting_paid/

Glad you support that magazine! Someone has too! I get my info from the prep that is read on the radio stations here at work. Then saw that glendon did  a story on youtube 30 mins after.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 09:53:30 AM »
I think at this point most people realize that reality show participants are paid, regardless of any scripting that may be going on. And by the way, they should be paid. You want to follow me around with an on-site producer, boom operator and cameraman and have me do interview segments on top of that, you better make it worth it for me.

What I'm curious about is why do you, as someone who claims to hate the show so much, spend so much damned time researching and reporting and "whistle-blowing" Storage Wars?!?

As someone who enjoys watching the show, I spend far less time enjoying it than you do hating on it.

I dont do any research on the show! Saw the prep that comes in the radio station and there was a story on storage bors.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 09:58:41 AM »

Looks like I have a stakler! Thats for taking time out of your important day and reading up on me. Sorry to bash your favorite show on tv. Now I see how you felt when you found out wrestling was fake. Sorry to give you the truth on the show you cant wait to watch. .lol.lol.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 10:01:09 AM »

Edit:

Here is the video on glendons source.
feature=uploademail I will track down my source that was emailed to us at the radio station when I can. But for know watch the video .

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 10:02:53 AM »
Here is the video on glendons source.
feature=uploademail I will track down my source that was emailed to us at the radio station when I can. But for know watch the video .

Guess you missed the sarcasm in my comment about The National Enquirer. It ranks right up there with Glendon Cameron videos in my book, but to each his own.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 10:06:48 AM »
I dont do any research on the show! Saw the prep that comes in the radio station and there was a story on storage bors.

I THINK (just my opinion) that he was commenting that BY NOW everyone knows the SW participants are paid for their efforts, that they are bidding with those paychecks and that there is some staging of the units they buy.  If it is true that most of us believe that, then this is beating a dead horse.

That said, I still enjoy bashing the finds they get and the prices at which they place the values. Still, the show is entertaining for what it is and a couple of the characters are entertaining as well.

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 10:38:32 AM »
Not only do they get paid, but get "fringe" benefits as well. Notice Jarrod, Darrell and Dave all have brand new Fords? One episode shows Barry giving Dave a Yuuup hat....now his trucks and trailers are all labeled with it.  How about proceeds from their clothing lines? Also in the works, Storage Wars New York. 

I think its funny how people get so worked up over the show. It's TV. If it showed how much work goes into cleaning out, selling and profiting from the lockers...no one would watch.

xx
Should Dave Hester Go?

Started by alloro

3 Replies
Last post August 08, 2012, 11:00:16 PM
by zeeann
xx
Dave Hester - Interview

Started by Travis

5 Replies
Last post June 19, 2013, 01:00:28 PM
by Travis