Storage Auctions

Storage Industry Source to Share Survey Results on Self-Storage Auction Issues

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Here's some news that will be of interest to all storage auction buyers (IMO) with (according to the story) results of a survey about what auction buyers believe about the business as it exists today.

insideselfstorage.com/news/2013/03/storagetreasures-to-share-survey-results-on-self-storage-auction-issues.aspx

Posted in this thread so Travis wouldn't have to MOVE it.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Here's some news that will be of interest to all storage auction buyers (IMO) with (according to the story) results of a survey about what auction buyers believe about the business as it exists today.

Gee, I can't wait to read these flawed statistics..I bet it's going to go something like this.

Do you feel that storage auction reality shows have changed the business?
90% yes, 7% no 3% aren't sure. Margin of error 100%. Considering that half of the people polled probably weren't in the business before the shows came out.

Once they publish the results, we can go through them and pick them apart.  ;D

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Gee, I can't wait to read these flawed statistics..

Gee, how did I guess YOU would be the first to respond....and with such clarity.

Far be it from ANY person in this business to have a PERSONAL INTEREST in how a survey was either conducted or how the results were reported. (yes, that IS sarcasm).  ;D

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
And how did I guess you would be the first person to criticize me for it? ::)

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
And how did I guess you would be the first person to criticize me for it? ::)

That's a given. Our "love/hate" relationship is well-known among the 10 or so regular posters here. If it wasn't for our give and take and the occasional barb from Alloro, StoreMe, Cobia, and some others, the reading here would be less interesting.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
That's a given. Our "love/hate" relationship is well-known among the 10 or so regular posters here. If it wasn't for our give and take and the occasional barb from Alloro, StoreMe, Cobia, and some others, the reading here would be less interesting.

Finally something we agree on.  ;) Good night!

Offline alloro

• View Profile
If it wasn't for our give and take and the occasional barb from Alloro, StoreMe, Cobia, and some others, the reading here would be less interesting.

Ahh I see, you're doing this to bring more traffic to the site and make it more interesting?  What a guy!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Ahh I see, you're doing this to bring more traffic to the site and make it more interesting?  What a guy!

Yep, but Travis is getting behind in sending the store gift cards, so next week I'm going to see how interesting the site is without any new threads being started by me. I think the thousands of non-posting members are going to start saying something.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
I think the thousands of non-posting members are going to start saying something.

Maybe they will post one news article each, just to drive you batty by depriving you of anything to do all week.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Maybe they will post one news article each, just to drive you batty by depriving you of anything to do all week.

Well, I would read them....all x,xxx. Shouldn't take too long.

Posted from Half Moon Bay, just off the ocean, on Easter Sunday

xx
Storage Auction Industry Studies The Online Aspect of Storage Auctions

Started by MovieMan

2 Replies
Last post April 04, 2013, 09:24:54 AM
by StorageTreasures
xx
Have Storage Auction Reality Shows Changed the Storage Industry?

Started by Travis

5 Replies
Last post March 20, 2016, 09:08:37 AM
by alloro
xx
Newspapers VS. Storage Industry - The Real Storage Wars

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post February 26, 2015, 10:48:45 PM
by MikeMilez
xx
Storage Industry Statistics