Storage Auctions

Storage Wars Dave Hesters Estimated Profits

Re: Storage Wars Dave Hesters Estimated Profits
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 12:51:12 PM »
Lol - he showed that violin and I was like....that thing is busted up bad.  I was right it was a child one also.  Was comparing it on tv vs my daughters one she had from school.  While a child teaching violin cost 600+ bucks it has to be in playing condition.  Not sure why he thought he was going to get millions for a busted one.

His estimates on most everything is always high.  It's like the tires in this last show.  He said what $200-300.  Not sure if he was talking each or a set.  I never see them going for that at the local racing swap meet.  Only thing I agreed with him on was the engine.  If it was stock and then also had some performance parts in there it would of been a nice unit.  Not for $8k but who cares that he lost some cash.

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 12:45:10 PM »
Did Hester think that, if someone had a valuable Stradivarius, they'd keep in a bleeping storage locker?  Stupid.
Does anyone else think this Mark Ballello (sp) character is a manufactured character to add drama to the show?  He's a joke, IMO.  I laughed my arse off when he thought some crappy old Nintendo console was worth $13,000.  They showed him going through the contents of a locker and he seems to spew lines that other people on the show have used. "This is why I buy storage lockers!"  It sounded better when Darrell Sheets used the line umpteen times.

I don't mind Darrell but Barry Weiss is the reason I watch the show.

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 12:51:03 PM »
I love watching storage wars. The biggest thing I don't like about the show is when they rattle off the prices they can get for the stuff and I that point I begin yelling BS at my TV set. I also hate it when they calculate the profit at the end of the show and refuse to include labor costs, transportation costs, dump fees, etc.

I would also like to know how Barry, in his Jaguar or other non-realistic storage-buyer car, transports his locker finds. Does he hire someone to haul it all off? Does he cherry pick and give the rest to someone? How does he get it off the premises and where does he take it?

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 01:15:40 PM »
I love watching storage wars. The biggest thing I don't like about the show is when they rattle off the prices they can get for the stuff and I that point I begin yelling BS at my TV set. I also hate it when they calculate the profit at the end of the show and refuse to include labor costs, transportation costs, dump fees, etc.

I would also like to know how Barry, in his Jaguar or other non-realistic storage-buyer car, transports his locker finds. Does he hire someone to haul it all off? Does he cherry pick and give the rest to someone? How does he get it off the premises and where does he take it?

I think Barry just cherry picks for the high value collectibles.

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 01:20:27 PM »
Barry is only in it for the collectibles.  I'm sure he either calls a charity to pick up the rest or pays to have it hauled away.
Barry must be very well-off in order to drive the stable of vehicles he has.  I think I read somewhere that he was in the produce business, made a ton of money and sold off his share of the company.  I think he just does the storage auction thing to stay busy and find rare items.  He keeps half the good stuff he finds so he obviously isn't in it for the money.

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 01:40:53 PM »
Seems Barry is friends with the Producer, and he really does only do it for the fun of it.

http://www.aoltv.com/2011/08/03/storage-wars-barry-weiss-interview/

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 02:16:16 PM »
Seems Barry is friends with the Producer, and he really does only do it for the fun of it.

http://www.aoltv.com/2011/08/03/storage-wars-barry-weiss-interview/

Hey Benluby....thanks for the link; that was a good read about Barry. He's fun to watch on the show and you can tell it's a whole different ball game for him as he indicates in the interview.

Roadvirus

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2011, 08:24:32 PM »
Anybody watch Storage Wars and think Dave Hesters estimates for profits is crap.
I agree. And there are times when he does it without really giving something a through look. He points to something and says "That's worth $-----", but it could be damaged, you just can't see it.

When you really take a look at it Dave, i might take you more seriously!

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2011, 09:45:46 PM »
Until two months ago, I lived five miles from Dave Hester's business. His shop used to be mainly consignments and stuff he bought super cheap. My wife sold him the contents of her mother's one bedroom apartment for almost nothing just to get it out of there.

Now besides the stuff from storage units, he has started doing weekly auctions On Tuesday nights (his last sale was to sell out the inventory at Newport Consignment). Good luck with that. He has to compete with South Coast Auction (where I think he used to work) every Wednesday night, and word is from my auctioneer friends in SoCal, he is burning cash in the auction biz. I think he is trying to capitalize on the Storage Wars fame he is getting, for now.

Offline Boxlot

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2011, 11:14:19 PM »
Dave Hester's prices are so far off it's not funny. He said the fur coats that Barry gave him are $200 each. I can find them at the Goodwill for $20 or less

xx
Vid Showing Dave Hesters Business

Started by rulesforrebels

3 Replies
Last post April 08, 2011, 09:35:17 AM
by Drew
xx
Dave - from storage wars

Started by amc

16 Replies
Last post July 03, 2015, 01:00:53 AM
by EricBosloor
xx
The original Storage Wars returns - without Dave.

Started by Travis

7 Replies
Last post March 17, 2013, 01:50:53 AM
by Travis
xx
Dave Hester Sues Storage Wars

Started by Travis

23 Replies
Last post January 29, 2013, 01:45:02 PM
by rulesforrebels