Storage Auctions

Are there thrift stores in you area that overprice their merchandise?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Are there thrift stores in you area that overprice their merchandise? There are a couple in my area that think their used merchandise is made of gold.

yes, there is one near mine, they have mainly average household stuff ( I do too, but I also have collectibles, antiques and unique items) anyways....their stuff is so over priced it is laughable! The product never moves...example a 5 ft. 8 inch wide plant stand..$88 dollars, I sell better ones for $19.75 and they fly out the door. They have used hats $25 dollars...used!!! two wine glasses that clearly came with a bottle of wine (nothing special) $11. I can hardly move them for .75 cents each.....everyone in town thinks they are ridiculous! (and the place smells like someone is smoking cigarettes in there, I quit last December so I know its not so hard to go outside for a butt!) They are also selling dollar store items...brushes, baggies, toothbrushes elastics, pencils and such for top dollar. I stop in there for time to time for a good laugh.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
I went into our local Goodwill and they had a Lil Tykes play house with a slide. I asked the manager how much it was and she responded $225. I went to Wal-Mart.com to see how much they sold for and they had the same one (New) for $200. I showed the manager the price on my phone and asked if she could give me a better price. She said no. I just looked at her perplexed.

our local Salvation Armys can be overpriced too, but other times I have gotten good deals. I just got an Ethan Allen couch, looked a bit vintage, clean as a whistle, for $49.00 ( I needed one for a semi permanent house guest) other couches which were a bit grungy, no name, circa 1990's were going for $125.  Of course I got a unit today with a vintage couch in it, I havent finished cleaning the unit out but I think it looks similar to the one I bought! If only I waited 3 days....

xx
Thrift stores/goodwill

Started by Shmoopy

5 Replies
Last post January 30, 2012, 06:40:17 AM
by craiglstauction
xx
Pickin thrift stores

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post September 27, 2014, 10:59:28 AM
by Broski1984
xx
Thrift Stores and Flea Markets

Started by craiglstauction

6 Replies
Last post March 07, 2012, 10:13:13 PM
by monkeybusiness
xx
How many "thrift stores" can a city support?

Started by Cobia

5 Replies
Last post May 02, 2011, 07:08:11 PM
by rulesforrebels