Storage Auctions

Link for "Show new replies to your posts"

Link for "Show new replies to your posts"
« on: June 04, 2011, 02:52:06 AM »
If your software can help you create this, a link either on the home page or on the members profile page that will show any thread you have posted in that has replies since you last visited that thread would be nice.

A cb radio forum I am a member of has this, and I love it.  It allows you to see new posts to any thread you have posted in, that way you do not have to enable notifications and have your email inbox get over filled.  Sometimes you post in a thread and do not want to or remember to click on the notify button, but still want to know if there have been replies.

I love this feature on that cb radio forum.  Every single time I log in, that is the very first link I click.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Link for "Show new replies to your posts"
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 12:24:34 PM »
Just look at the diamonds to the left of the posts. They will be a different color when someone replies. Also, you can select a box, when you are making a post, to be notified by email whenever someone responds to the thread.

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 04:16:39 PM »
Just look at the diamonds to the left of the posts. They will be a different color when someone replies. Also, you can select a box, when you are making a post, to be notified by email whenever someone responds to the thread.

That is how I do it right now.  But, on my mobile the diamonds do not show up.  I know I need to get a smart phone, but my dumb $30 Straightalk phone is a lot cheaper.

Also, It is cool to just be able to go to a page that lists every thread you have a post in that has a new reply, instead of having to look for them.  

I have to admit, technology has made me spoiled and lazy.  I am about to have to get a computer with speach recognition so I do not even have to waste the energy when typing, lol.  Maybe even get reader software so I don't have to strain my eyes trying to read the monitor.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 07:15:05 PM »
I'll check into it!!

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 07:34:34 PM »
I'll check into it!!

I appreciate it.  Anything that streamlines a person's experience with a forum makes it a better place to be.

Oh, by the way, I just looked at their site and it is powered by Simple Machines Forum also, and theirs is version 1.1.13 too, just like yours.

xx
New show "Real Deal" debuts Sunday, Nov. 27th

Started by Wildfire21

10 Replies
Last post March 01, 2012, 10:00:02 AM
by bwd111
xx
"New" Storage Hunters show on TruTV (rehash of Forbidden Storage)

Started by MovieMan

16 Replies
Last post October 06, 2011, 09:33:17 PM
by Roadvirus
xx
More good storys "Fake Storage Wars loses its luster"

Started by bwd111

1 Replies
Last post December 22, 2011, 11:22:25 PM
by monkeybusiness
xx
GoogleTrends analysis of interest in the term "Online Storage Auctions"