Storage Auctions

New logo / header image for the forum

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: New logo / header image for the forum
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 10:10:56 AM »
"Plenty of time....."   I will follow the growth or decline of the business and the forum during that time. Both have changed over the last two years and will continue to do so.

Here's an idea....how about a new "fourum" ....or at least a thread in this one.... for PICKING ?  No, wait, don't do it !
Why ruin yet another trend that is currently working better than the buying of storage lockers.

I agree, the interest in storage auctions (at least in internet search volume) is on a decline. The forum on the other hand is growing and will hopefully see an increase in traffic. As a matter fact, just in the past week, with the minimal SEO & marketing I have done, the forum's Alexa rank has dropped 20,000 points. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Alexa, it's a company/website that tracks the traffic for other websites. The more traffic your website gets, the lower your Alexa rank is.

Anyway, my point is that the more SEO I do, the higher the forum ranks in the search results. The higher we rank in the search results, the more people who visit the site. Not only that, the forum is constantly growing in content. The more content, the more pages that get indexed by the search engines, the more people that are exposed to the forum.

So basically what I'm saying is that despite "storage auctions" being on a decline, the forum will be capturing a larger percentage of the overall search volume keeping it at it's current level or we may even see a gradual increase in visitors.

On the other hand, if the interest in storage auctions increases, well that's even better.

I do however, like your idea for starting a category for picking.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 10:26:44 AM »
I do however, like your idea for starting a category for picking.

If you do start a picking category, I'll read it it, but I won't reveal any items I am picking. When I pick it's to put something on eBay, and while the chances of someone here reading about a good pick I made and THEN posting their own same item on eBay are SLIM, I won't contribute to my competition. I mentioned this in another thread a few days ago.

For me, picking involves buying a super item dirt cheap and trying to turn 20 times the money on it...of course sometimes it turns out to be 4 times the money, but overall it beats going to the auctions.

There are of course "thin" times picking as there were with the auctions.

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 10:35:36 AM »
I have a very different thought process than you do MovieMan. I gladly share my finds and give advice freely. I even have a YouTube show that I do that on and I watch a lot of other YouTubers do the same thing. The great thing about picking is that I can show off my awesome find... say a Game & Watch Manhole game (my best find to date!) and let others know to be on the lookout for those. Other people are not competing with me over those, because they are rare and hard to find, but not everyone necessarily knows about them. So I'm happy to go out there and say 'be on the lookout for these' because the odds of me finding another one ... ever ... are pretty slim. The fact I even found one is pretty phenomenal. Picking is 90% perspiration but it's also 10% luck. I rarely find the same items over and over again, so I don't mind sharing what kind of things to look out for.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 11:25:51 AM »
I agree, by helping others you are helping yourself at the same time. If one of your followers finds that rare item, they may come to you first seeking advice. This will give you the opportunity to make an offer on the item.

Not only that, it's just good Karma. What goes around comes around.

I'm just glad that Drew saw the advantage in freely sharing information about storage auctions, otherwise you might be reading this post on Glendon Cameron's website instead of this forum.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 12:17:06 PM »

I'm just glad that Drew saw the advantage in freely sharing information about storage auctions, otherwise you might be reading this post on Glendon Cameron's website instead of this forum.

Oh No, You didn't!! 

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 03:01:30 PM »
I must have missed a good post about these priority mailboxes. Can someone enlighten me by posting a link?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 05:23:40 PM »
I must have missed a good post about these priority mailboxes.

It is here: http://storageauctionforums.com/index.php/topic,2818.0.html

xx
Can you bump up the forum's image upload size to something a little larger?

Started by luke

7 Replies
Last post March 02, 2014, 03:48:04 PM
by Travis
xx
New Forum Logo!!!

Started by Drew

10 Replies
Last post March 10, 2011, 07:01:10 AM
by Pugzillah
clip
Help pick OnlineStorageAuctions.com's logo