Storage Auctions

Gun Control

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Gun Control
« on: December 19, 2012, 11:10:32 AM »
As a result of the Newtown tragedy, there has been a public outcry for more gun control. In the NRA's recent press release, they made the following ambiguous statement: "The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again."

Are they serious? How could they ever prevent something like this from happening again? They can't and neither can anyone else. The guns aren't the problem, the mentally unstable people are.

I'm really curious to find out what "meaningful contributions" they plan to offer this Friday.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Gun Control
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 08:11:58 PM »
It seems like this push on gun control is backfiring. My step father bought 2 AR15s this morning and he said that the stores are starting to sell out because the demand is so high. People are stocking up on the the AR15 and other semi automatic rifles in case they are outlawed.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 09:04:37 PM »
Lemme see if I have this right...our government gives guns to Mexican drug runners (fast and furious) but wants to prevent law abiding US citizens from legally buying them?

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 02:57:22 PM »
Here is a link to the video of the NRA press conference

I was skeptical that they could come up with a meaningful contribution, but I think their plan of placing adequately trained armed guards in every school and the implementation of the school shield program will actually work.

I hope this plan gets a lot more attention, it's a good start.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 03:36:30 PM »
Here is a link to the video of the NRA press conference

I was skeptical that they could come up with a meaningful contribution, but I think their plan of placing adequately trained armed guards in every school and the implementation of the school shield program will actually work.

I hope this plan gets a lot more attention, it's a good start.

Watch the video carefully at minute 5:00 + . Even though someone holds up a hand-made, crude cloth banner the speaker continues as though nothing is happening...even though that banner is blocking the cameras view of the speaker. Finally, he gets it and stops speaking.

The demonstrator continues speaking loudly as he is led away.

After that the speaker goes on to lay into the media (film and games) for promoting violence. Maybe this recent killing spree will finally provide the impetus to do something about gun violence....anything would be an improvement.

Edit:

At 11:45 (or so) a female demonstrater comes in with a banner and is led away. Got to hand it to these free speech advocates though of course they should be holding their own meeting.

The speaker (before he started his speech) said that he (they) would not be taking questions once he was done.
It's a lot easier to present a prepapred speech than it is to answer questions from the media or other interested parties (ask any politicians).

Edit 2:

Here's a pic of the audience (courtesy of New York Times video feed).

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 04:00:57 PM »
I love how he is just lashing out on the media and not one of them even looks shocked. I guess their used to it.

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 07:46:39 PM »
Made a major blunder and have no one to blame but myself.  After our exalted leader got re-elected, I was going to purchase 100 of the 30 round P-mags for AR15 and hang onto them.  Could have bought them 10 days ago for a grand.  I watched with tears in my eyes last night as those same 100 mags sold for $7500 on Gunbroker!  Who couldn't use an extra $6500......give or take a few bucks for shipping!  :'(

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 09:32:07 AM »
Yeah, they're out of stock or on back order everywhere.

Offline theoddfind

• Buy big or go home!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 01:38:52 PM »
I purchased and decked out my ak-47 years ago and stocked up on 1000 rounds...been waiting for the zombie apocalypse...or the collapse of government...or natural disaster....or dave hester...hehehe "just kidding" although with prices skyrockiting im seriously debating selling soon...

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 12:43:33 PM »
Made a major blunder and have no one to blame but myself.  After our exalted leader got re-elected, I was going to purchase 100 of the 30 round P-mags for AR15 and hang onto them.  Could have bought them 10 days ago for a grand.  I watched with tears in my eyes last night as those same 100 mags sold for $7500 on Gunbroker!  Who couldn't use an extra $6500......give or take a few bucks for shipping!  :'(

Yep.  Gun show in Fort Worth always sold them for $20.
Last weekend they were $90!   Even .223 ammo was sky high nice everyone is old out.

What's weird is you can still get 5.56 ammo around here (and for normal price). 

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 02:38:25 PM »
Every gun store in my area is sold out and can't say when they are getting anything back in. Right now the big stores are first priority for restocking. We have none of them in our rural area. So much for the $400.00 gift certificate I got my husband for his new pistol.
I went to buy .22 shells for him (one of his stocking suffers every year) and couldn't find any anywhere. Guess the ground squirrels are gonna take over the world. LOL   

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 03:18:33 PM »
Yeah, .22s are big sellers right now.

"Gun Guys" turn up their nose but they have a use.

Survivalist think along the lines that small game is the most plentiful so a .22 is just fine.

Easy to learn on.  Cheap.  Cheap ammo.
Not to sound chauvinistic but a good deal of ladies don't shoot because of fear of the recoil, noise or "they are to heavy".   22 solves all that.

And for home defense?   Well not much stopping power but a rile with 20-30 rounds t our disposal.....
ANY gun is better than no gun in a fight for your life situation.  And you have less worry on killing a family member or bullet going thru wall and hitting someone.

And you can buy silencers for .22s for about $150.   Defend your home AND not wake the children!  lol

Or you can just buy a big dog and name it DueceDuece.   Might work better......