Storage Auctions

Holey smokes..

Holey smokes..
« on: March 20, 2015, 10:20:39 AM »
Watching auctions yesterday and today...   WOW what people are paying for junk units... Just saw a unit that was  "company unit Items abandoned by tenents"   go for big money...  it was LARGE and Junk...  Trash, broken stuff in it... These people must be high on something... ot spending their tax return on anything... Locally this month mostly junk units all the way around...

Oh well, time to get off my butt and go do the live auctions!!  Not going to get any win's this month online... 

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Holey smokes..
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 11:06:29 AM »
A couple of months ago I went to one where there was this one unit with some busted up furniture on the left and six blue tubs stacked on the right. It went for something like $250 because of the tubs. I was like, dude...you just paid $240 for 6 tubs possibly of holiday decorations worth maybe $25. He laughed and said something along the lines of got to take chances. A saw him a few weeks ago and asked about that unit. He said it was old clothes and holiday decorations. Go figure!

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 11:50:29 AM »
Ahhh, yes. Income tax return season.

Reminds me of the old saying "a fool and their money shall soon part."

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 12:13:49 PM »
I just sold a holiday decoration for $3.99, only took 2 years on eBay.

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 08:50:09 AM »
I gotta get out of the office... NEwbies are killing me...  I would have considered my self a newbie compared to some, but after about 30 units or so I cna look at a unit and say, what the ____ is wrong with you people...  That is a box of garbage, those bags have been ripped open, and the tubs are all cracked..  Why would you bid it up over 300$ 

Happened this week again to me online...  Time to start going to live ones..

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 06:12:36 AM »
Live auctions are just way better, that is part of the rush I suppose and you don't get scammed so easily.

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 11:18:05 PM »
I took a break from storage auctions last year after repeated junk units and high prices.  I got tired of seeing a lot of $20 rooms going for $100-200.  I used to ask myself "what am I missing?" - but when even the whales don't buy this stuff I realize it's mostly CRAP.   :73:

Good luck out there! 

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 07:35:44 PM »
I got tired of seeing a lot of $20 rooms going for $100-200.  I used to ask myself "what am I missing?"

You're not missing anything, that's just newbie TV personality wannabe people buying stupidly.