Storage Auctions

I call this effective advertising !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
I call this effective advertising !
« on: March 28, 2013, 09:47:46 AM »
I'm not a coffee drinker, but I think this is a very effective ad by Dunkin' Donuts.

It is a very subtle sell which shows a couple in a resort setting feeling very glum until their lost luggage shows up.

If you haven't seen it, here's a link.  And remember, I'm not a coffee drinker, don't know the difference between a cup of this compared to a cup of any of YOUR favorite brands. I am just talking about the advertising approach. If Travis could write an ad like this promoting his new website he'd win all the auction buyers over to his side.  ;D

ispot(dot)tv/ad/7Yab/dunkin-donuts-original-blend-coffee-lost-bags

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: I call this effective advertising !
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 10:22:13 AM »
I have to opposite reaction. I think it shows the couple to be shallow when they can let a tropical vacation be ruined by the lack of a certain brand of coffee. They come across as a couple of spoiled brats.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 10:28:46 AM »
I have to opposite reaction. I think it shows the couple to be shallow when they can let a tropical vacation be ruined by the lack of a certain brand of coffee. They come across as a couple of spoiled brats.

We will have to agree to disagree,  but I'm relatively sure the intent was to "say" ..."this coffee is so good not even a tropical paradise can compete."

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 04:12:26 PM »
but I'm relatively sure the intent was to "say" ..."this coffee is so good not even a tropical paradise can compete."

I've had their coffee and if you're correct I can honestly say that commercial is guilty of false advertising.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 04:16:45 PM »
I've had their coffee and if you're correct I can honestly say that commercial is guilty of false advertising.

That could be true and true of a lot of advertising, but as I said I just thought they had a clever approach to selling the product.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 04:54:57 PM »

What?   Dunking coffee is great!   I specialed ordered it cause u couldn't get it here. 

Then switched to Cafe du Monde's brand.  Coffee and Chicory blend.   So much better than straight coffee.......

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 01:55:27 AM »
What?   Dunking coffee is great!   I special ordered it cause u couldn't get it here.

I get 3 pounds of coffee at the grocery store for $6 while DD charges $9 a pound for theirs. For their 450% higher price I can honestly say that I can't taste any difference.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 11:54:21 AM »
I'm not a designer coffee guy myself...I drink it black. I do however insist on Colombian. It's a few bucks more per pound but the caffeine strength helps me focus better.

Never tried the Dunkin brand but I don't see how it could be that much better. Besides, if I'm paying $9 a pound for something I consume, it better be from the ocean or a cow.

This is how you sell coffee to women. I love the end "He'll watch your bottom line." 

youtube(dot)com/watch?v=xWJDW8u2LT0

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 12:05:26 PM »
I'm a Kroger brand drinker myself...

I agree with the above, spoiled brats.

I am a spoiled brat when it comes to coffee.  Buy the best.  Make with a French Press.....

But I can't dink it these days.  Caffiene is not my friend.  That how I got into chicory.

Half the coffee, half that chicory.  (If u normally use 6 teaspoons, use 3 coffee & 1 1/2 chicory)

Nice smooth flavor.    Takes a while to perfect.  Wrong measuring and you get bitter yuk-ness.

First came across it in New Orleans.   Had a cup of "coffee" and no jitters.   Then found out it was only 10% coffee.  Mostly chicory and milk.......

Also like Camps....

amazon(dot)com/Camp-Chicory-Coffee-Essence-Bottle/dp/B004RJ0C1W/ref=sr_1_2?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1364749460&sr=1-2&keywords=camp+coffee

xx
Advertising at top of the screen

Started by MovieMan

4 Replies
Last post February 13, 2013, 10:23:38 PM
by Travis
xx
Advertising your garage sale

Started by Travis

8 Replies
Last post August 20, 2014, 01:10:15 PM
by StorageAuctionFinds