Storage Auctions

Interresting Tidbits About The Forum

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Interresting Tidbits About The Forum
« on: March 21, 2013, 12:08:24 AM »
Here are some stats that Alexa published about the forum's demographics.

Audience Snapshot

Based on internet averages, storageauctionforums.com is visited more frequently by males who are in the age range 25-34, have no children, received some college education and browse this site from home.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Interresting Tidbits About The Forum
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 07:19:09 AM »
That's interesting! I wonder if the demographic is because of the type of "Work" buying storage lockers is?

I mean, it is very time consuming and if there is a family involved it does cut into the time spent with family, know what I mean?

Here's another "interesting tibit" about the forum.

It's 5:16 a.m. Pacific time as I post this and there are two users on the forum (me and one hidden). Since the only other post made during this time frame was the one made above by StorMe, he must be the one who is "hidden".

When only two users are online it doesn't take much of a detective to figure this out; reminds me of the little child who covers his eyes and thinks HE is hidden !

Oh well, even on the east coast it's still early to be thinking it through.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 09:26:11 AM »
That's interesting! I wonder if the demographic is because of the type of "Work" buying storage lockers is?

I mean, it is very time consuming and if there is a family involved it does cut into the time spent with family, know what I mean?

Well keep in mind that this is the demographic for the forum's audience and not storage auction buyers in general. I think the demographics for storage auction buyers would be different in that the average age would be higher and that most would have children.

Take the snapshot for AuctionsTX.com for example: Based on internet averages, auctionstx.com is visited more frequently by users who are in the age range 35-44, have children and are college educated. Only about 17% of our subscribers are between the ages of 24-34.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 11:30:42 PM »

What are your thoughts?

I think that the older & wiser buyers see the time saving advantages of not having to do their own research, which is why they visit AuctionsTX.com in the first place. 

It could also be that a lot of older people have never used or for that matter heard of a discussion forum. Heck, I'm 37 and this is the first forum I ever posted in.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 08:13:42 AM »
Heck, I'm 37 and this is the first forum I ever posted in.

We knew that, so naturally buying the forum was the only way anyone was going to let you post here. :P

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 09:07:48 AM »
We knew that, so naturally buying the forum was the only way anyone was going to let you post here. :P

Actually, I started posting here in early 2011. I didn't buy the forum to get to post here. I bought the forum to get to post what I want here.  ;)

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 10:00:34 AM »
I bought the forum to get to post what I want here.  ;)

Well, you can certainly do that on the forum associated with your new online storage auction sales website. And you won't get any flack from me; I reserve that option for THIS website where the cantankerous clientel is already well established. Yes, younger members will have to look up the definition of cantankerous.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 11:29:29 AM »
Well, you can certainly do that on the forum associated with your new online storage auction sales website. And you won't get any flack from me; I reserve that option for THIS website where the cantankerous clientel is already well established. Yes, younger members will have to look up the definition of cantankerous.

I really wish you would come over there and help me get that forum off to a new start - every forum needs an antagonist.  ;D Well, on second thought, maybe not....I'm trying to keep a cool vibe going on there.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 01:07:16 PM »
Well, on second thought, maybe not....I'm trying to keep a cool vibe going on there.

I don't think there will be any problem keeping it "cool".

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 01:39:22 PM »
I don't think there will be any problem keeping it "cool".

Well then, feel free to post by all means.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 01:56:41 PM »
Well then, feel free to post by all means.

My going rate for participating on any new forum is a $100 gift card (per month of participation, payable in advance). ;D

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 12:13:41 AM »
My going rate for participating on any new forum is a $100 gift card (per month of participation, payable in advance). ;D

Picking and auctions must be really bad to give up all that time for only $100 a month!   ;)

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 06:44:50 AM »
I would ask for more, but so far Travis hasn't even come up with the $100, so someone else will have to take the helm at his new website!  ;D

xx
What's up forum...

Started by lkrnoob

4 Replies
Last post July 14, 2011, 03:04:00 PM
by monkeybusiness
xx
new to the forum

Started by glassbreaker

2 Replies
Last post July 31, 2011, 08:28:04 PM
by Drew