Storage Auctions

Mortgage Assistance

Mortgage Assistance
« on: May 03, 2011, 04:11:51 PM »
Hey all
Posting this on here not as an advertisement or spam because I will not charge for any of this although would accept and appreciate any compensation.
If anyone needs any assistance with their mortgage I may be able to help. I work for a mortgage servicer and have vast knowledge in doing loan modifications, short sales, settlementsn etc. Send me and email.

Thanks!

Re: Mortgage Assistance
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 06:41:30 PM »
josepc, you may not see it as SPAM however this is the definition of SPAM below

Spam is the use of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately. While the most widely recognized form of spam is e-mail spam, the term is applied to similar abuses in other media: instant messaging spam, Usenet newsgroup spam, Web search engine spam, spam in blogs, wiki spam, online classified ads spam, mobile phone messaging spam, Internet forum spam, junk fax transmissions, social networking spam, television advertising and file sharing network spam.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 07:03:26 PM »
Jose...

Sorry guy, but I think it's spam. Now if you persisted in posting it all over the place, there wouldn't be any doubt at all, but as it is, I personally am not inclined to include any Spam type graphics in this thread like I do in others.

Remember, don't spend that rent money !

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 10:09:26 PM »
Well put Movieman! I agree Jose don't spend the rent money or you might have to rent a locker as living quarters.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 10:10:42 PM »
If you won't I will, but since it's not completely spam, I won't post a image of spam. Its more like spam in disguise so, I found the following image to be more appropriate.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 10:13:31 PM »
I feel for you Jose, I used to be an appraiser and ever since the real estate market went into a full blown recession, I haven't been able to appraise property. Times are tough.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 12:10:23 AM »
Thanks....rent money is not spent. everything should pick back up just going thru a dry spell

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 12:24:12 AM »
Thanks....rent money is not spent. everything should pick back up just going thru a dry spell

thats good to hear. btw sent you a pm :)

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 01:56:12 AM »
 :)...Yeah I seen thanks for the advise...

...and do wanna clear something I wasnt really trying to place spam anywhere thats why I placed it here in the dump, like I said I am not selling any services but can help with any questions.

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 01:57:58 AM »
josepc, you may not see it as SPAM however this is the definition of SPAM below

Spam is the use of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately. While the most widely recognized form of spam is e-mail spam, the term is applied to similar abuses in other media: instant messaging spam, Usenet newsgroup spam, Web search engine spam, spam in blogs, wiki spam, online classified ads spam, mobile phone messaging spam, Internet forum spam, junk fax transmissions, social networking spam, television advertising and file sharing network spam.

His offer doesnt look like mass or bulk offering to me..

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 02:03:20 AM »

Thanks! Thats what i was trying to say

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 09:34:25 AM »

I guess that depends on how you interpret MASS and/or BULK , when you have a potential audience of over 1900 members then I would say that is MASS! Plus this forum has nothing to do with Mortgages/Housing.

JMO!

I realize he meant no harm, however SPAM is SPAM.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 10:46:08 AM »

I realize he meant no harm, however SPAM is SPAM.

Gravell....I hear what you are saying and by definition, spam is spam, however I think intent has to be considered a bit too. I don't necessarily excuse what jose did, but as I said above, I don't condem it that much either.

There are several people on this forum who either have or do promote their services one way or another. I don't need to mention them by name, anyone who reads the threads on a regular basis knows them.

When Drew said (some weeks ago) that he didn't have a problem with a link being in someone's signature line, I accept that as sort of a bottom line on the spam definition. It certainly isn't as obnoxious or obvious as having the link in each and every post; it doesn't jump out at us as obviously.

Another poster hardly does any promoting any more as he did in the earlier days.

Perhaps more importantly (to me at least) the folks being highlighted in this post ALSO have meaningful things to say about the auction buying (and goods selling) experience.  THIS may be "fine-lining" what SPAM is, but that's my point.
There may be some leeway in looking at SPAM.

Regular readers here know I will knock and label spam when I see it, but I'm open to looking at what truly is spam as well.

On a somewhat related note, this forum is very lenient on thread hijacking. I've belonged to forums where if a poster started going in a different direction in a thread, some of the moderators came down hard on that poster. I think the leniency here is much better but like you (gravell) I would have a hard time with the lines being loosened too much on spam.

Long response, but hope some "meat" in it for all of us.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 10:51:41 AM »
Not to try and steal this thread, I just did not feel like making a thread to ask this.

We have 1980 members on this forum, However since I been here I can very well count my fingers to the number of active users. The rest cant be spam can it? How come there is not more post?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 11:07:39 AM »
Not to try and steal this thread, I just did not feel like making a thread to ask this.

We have 1980 members on this forum, However since I been here I can very well count my fingers to the number of active users. The rest cant be spam can it? How come there is not more post?

In the 10 minutes since you posted this note, the member count has probably gone to 1990 and when we're done writing and reading this, more will have joined.

I think there are about 20 people who post on a somewhat regular basis and maybe 10 or so who post on a very regular basis, you and I among them. I think there are another 10 to 20 who post once in awhile.

So, maybe 40 or 50 posters?  That doesn't mean (in my opinion) that the rest of them are spammers; there are many lurkers who just like to read and learn...I don't know how many that would be out of the 1900 + members, but I don't believe there are 1850+ spammers.

Forum administrators have access to a variety of reports on who is using the service, with what regularity, etc. I don't know much about that aspect, but I know if it was my forum I would be on top of that.

In another little "hijack" of my own, I hope Drew never institutes an opportunity for "live chat" in this forum. Given the nature of some of our members (including me) I think it would be a disaster zone in live time!  ;D

xx
Outsourced assistance on the internet....re...VIN lookup

Started by MovieMan

9 Replies
Last post June 30, 2013, 10:25:51 AM
by Travis