Storage Auctions

Record and Pro Wrestling Items

Record and Pro Wrestling Items
« on: March 11, 2011, 04:33:30 PM »
I am an avid record collector & dealer. I also collect pro wrestling memorabilia.

As far as records, I'll buy 45's LP's and 78's. I'll pay depending on condition, title, and artist. I'll pay more for items that I want for my personal collection (new wave, punk, garage).

Also, I'll buy any pro wrestling items I do not currently have. I usually do not buy to sell with those. Videos, figures, magazines, toys, anything pro wrestling related.

Re: Record and Pro Wrestling Items
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 05:25:05 PM »
Man I have a ****LOAD of old 78's and some 45's that my wife is catalouging this weekend. Some with sleeves and or dust jackets. I'll send you a list of what I have including artist and songs. As you are the collector, how do you go about rating condition? Obviously if it's scratched or pitted or obvious excessive wear I'd say thats poor condition. At any rate, tell me how to determine condition by your standards and I'll include a column of that on the spreadsheet I'll send you. You good with that to start?

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 07:19:11 PM »
I second Ironman's question. I, too, would be interested in how grading works.

What items are you looking for in particular? I have gotten many out of my units. They're waiting to be sorted. I just haven't had time for them to be inventoried yet. If there's some you know you want, list them and I'll take a peek at what I've got.

BTW, do you know of a good record to MP3 converter? I'm no audiophile so I don't want to spend too much. I just thought it would be cool to transfer some of them for my own use  8).

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 09:07:20 AM »
Hey guys, send that list of records my way! Anyways. most well respected record collectors use goldmine. So here is a good way to determine

goldminemag (dot) com/collector-resources/record-grading-101

Also, most records are crap. Not saying that to be mean but its the truth. Perry Como, Andy Williams, Firestone Christmas albums..ect. Are pretty much junk. Also a lot of big band 78's arent worth more than a few cents. However, there are exceptions!

And I use an Numark USB turntable with Adobe Audition to transfer my vinyl to MP3, then to CD. There are cheaper ways to do it, but I found this to be the easiest.

amazon (dot) com/Numark-TTUSB-Turntable-with-USB/dp/B000G3FNVM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1299942404&sr=8-2

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 03:20:13 PM »
I have loads of 45s and 33s. Are you still buying?

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 05:56:10 PM »
Yes I am still buying. I just bought loads of jazz LP's this weekend. Miles Davis, some stuff on blue note records, ect... Do you have a list? Or maybe some pictures to get an idea of what you may have?

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 07:03:34 PM »
I have a list, I will go look for it in a second and send you a PM along with my email.

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 03:11:01 AM »
I just picked up a stack of records today to sell for a friend.  I have some of my own too.  As I sell his stuff, I will put together a list for you too.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 12:22:24 PM »
I have around 200 33s of gospel/christian music from the 1960s/1970s. Let me know if that interests you.

xx
I think this might be a new record!

Started by Travis

10 Replies
Last post November 11, 2014, 10:42:59 AM
by janette
xx
Saw a new record for me today....

Started by MTP

5 Replies
Last post May 22, 2013, 10:37:45 AM
by Charli