Storage Auctions

Salvation Army

Salvation Army
« on: June 22, 2011, 09:15:21 AM »
I have just made a deal with Salvation army, item that i dont want and do not want to haul out from the units, they will pick up in my unit for free. They also give you a tax write off recipt.

I am sure that the salvation army offer this all over the country, so check it out in your area. It can save you a lot time and money. They take most thing that they can resell, clothing, books, and etc.

So give them a call, it might improve your business.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: Salvation Army
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 09:37:47 AM »
I have just made a deal with Salvation army, item that i dont want and do not want to haul out from the units, they will pick up in my unit for free. They also give you a tax write off recipt.

I am sure that the salvation army offer this all over the country, so check it out in your area. It can save you a lot time and money. They take most thing that they can resell, clothing, books, and etc.

So give them a call, it might improve your business.

That is a lovely idea, would save on gas tremendously. I wonder if they will take the trash too :), they got a dumpster so why not, lol. Serious though, I really do wonder if they would take the trash as well.

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 01:48:57 PM »
If it's boxed up, why not?

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 04:50:40 PM »
In my case they took everything i did not want. I left the unit unlocked, told them where to go. I had informed the manager at site, he helped the salvation army out. After they was done, he called me and said everything was cleared, and i could stop by and get my $25 cleaning deposit back.

EASY! TIME SAVING! COST SAVING! And i spent the time sorting thru what i wanted and posted it for sale.
It is like having employees without have to pay salery.

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 04:53:16 PM »
And yes, they took the junk and trash as well.  And i got a tax recipt.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 09:04:57 PM »
And yes, they took the junk and trash as well.  And i got a tax recipt.

Bad a** I am definitely going to be talking to them then. How did you get a chance to work out that deal, you never told us that part of it.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 09:11:49 PM »
Bad a** I am definitely going to be talking to them then. How did you get a chance to work out that deal, you never told us that part of it.

In my area Salvation Army AND Goodwill will do that. I once had a ping-pong table (still in the the lkr) that had an "issue" with folding easily and properly. I called Goodwill and they came to the lkr and picked it up (had to make an appointment, but no big deal).

So, the answer is: call them; the worst that can happen is that they will say "Sorry, we're full up right now", or when they get there they MAY not take everything, but the fact they haul away big stuff has always been a plus for me when my guys I give stuff to aren't available.

Give them a call. (they do it for the public at large at home addresses, so this is just a variation)

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 09:19:47 PM »
Will do Movieman, just wish I thought of that earlier, instead of making 4 trips for junk furniture that ended up being hauled to the dump.

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 12:13:54 PM »
I called Salvation army and told them the nature of my business, i said i had tons of stuff to ive away on regulr basis. We agreed that they come out and take what i don't want. But you have to be willing to give away stuff that can be re-sold, not just leave a bunch of junk. They will do it because you have some good stuff to give them.

If you just leave the trash and the junk, they will not come out later on and help you out.

PS: Some Salvation army branches do not offer pick up, so check out in your area. But in major cities they do offer pick up.

xx
Salvation Army...A Large Facility

Started by MovieMan

5 Replies
Last post June 20, 2013, 09:14:14 AM
by MovieMan
xx
So i didnt know the salvation army picks up donations.

Started by BigBizzz

6 Replies
Last post November 14, 2011, 06:50:18 AM
by craiglstauction