Storage Auctions

SOPA. Do your part.

Offline Alias

• View Profile
SOPA. Do your part.
« on: January 18, 2012, 04:51:47 PM »
Just a reminder, since most here probably use the websites at the highest risk, to stop *****ing and start taking action.

Please visit craigslist today and follow links on how to do your part.

And if you happen to support SOPA Id really like your input on why? Cause I can't see a positive side to how the bill was written.....

Thanks y'all

Re: SOPA. Do your part.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 12:17:49 PM »
Oh I already started hitting stuff up last week when read about both bills.  Notice it's the finance / retail / cable giants that support it.  Any second hand type website is against it.  If it does pass and the companies get their way it could really hurt oure re-sale efforts.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Re: SOPA. Do your part.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 12:05:10 PM »
I don't fully understand SOPA and PIPA but there are already copyright laws on the books, if your not going to enforce the current ones why create more?

Also, I like as little regulation as possible on the internet but I've heard some say they like the spirit of the law b/c I guess currently it's pretty tough to go after people outside the country, despite the justice dept I believe somehow already being able to shut down pirate bay, ninja video, etc but this law basically makes everyone responsible for policing everyone else. If someone posts a link to a site with copyrighted stuff on your blog, youtube vid, etc technically people can go after you. Basically the gov can go after people who have nothing to do with pirated material. There's some good youtube vids that kinda break down what these laws are. Funny thing is the guy sponsoring the law claims he doesn't even use the internet. Great someone who doesn't even use the internet is writing laws governing it.

xx
Anyone gone from part timer to full timer and back to part timer?

Started by rulesforrebels

4 Replies
Last post December 11, 2013, 07:36:22 PM
by Cobia
xx
Survey Part 2

Started by Travis

6 Replies
Last post March 24, 2013, 09:20:53 PM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
Survey Part 1

Started by Travis

10 Replies
Last post March 26, 2013, 09:51:33 AM
by alloro
xx
What to do with part of a sectional couch?

Started by HomeGrownPromos

10 Replies
Last post April 11, 2013, 09:30:48 PM
by craiglstauction