Storage Auctions

Value Vilage Picks

Re: Value Vilage Picks
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 12:14:03 PM »
And how did I take this post from value village finds to a rant on CL listings?
Sorry about that.

Seemed natural to me.  :)

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 12:20:51 AM »
Movieman,
When I was in California,I hit Goodwills in Sanat Cruz and Modesto.I was shocked how little they had besides clothes.I didn't buy anything.
I hit a few thrift shops in Modesto had a little better luck.
I guess its just different markets.

Offline Alias

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 04:04:43 PM »
So a few days ago I posted about the high prices at the Goodwill distribution center. Specifically the chairs at almost retail. The one I remember the best was an Ikea chair priced at $35.

Today I was at a local goodwill and saw the same chair (it might even be the SAME chair) for $7.99!
And it was pink tag which is 50% off on Thursdays so $3.99!   WTF?

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 01:09:08 PM »
So a few days ago I posted about the high prices at the Goodwill distribution center. Specifically the chairs at almost retail. The one I remember the best was an Ikea chair priced at $35.

Today I was at a local goodwill and saw the same chair (it might even be the SAME chair) for $7.99!
And it was pink tag which is 50% off on Thursdays so $3.99!   WTF?

Dartboard!!

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 08:33:53 PM »
I sometimes wonder if the Goodwills get stuff from the MFR. I've gone to three different ones in my area and found 2 pair of apple bottom jeans at each one. Hard to imagine each one getting two pair donated in the same week at random.

As for their pricing, they have an auction site now (or have had for a while) where they list a lot of the higher end stuff instead of putting it in the stores, so yes, they are checking and are getting smarter.

I found this out when I went in and looked at a Coach purse in their display case. The girl told me it was fake and that all the real ones get listed on their auction site. I told her it was a felony to knowingly sell fake designer goods. She told me to take it up with the attorney general lol. Smartass little wench. So I sent a letter to their corporate with our local attorney general CC'd :)

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2012, 10:46:37 AM »
Man, between you and movieman.....this site is just full of rats! lol.  ;D
I see the same around here with low end designer jeans. No clue where they get them.

We hit St. Vincent's de Paul every spring cause a local snowboard company donates a ton of clothing that didn't sell. (and sometimes boards)
Get a snowboarding coat for $75 that retailed at $300. Pants for $50 that were $150.
And a few years back I or a new board for $75 just cause it had a graphic design flaw. Found the same one at snowboard connection for $600.

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2012, 01:03:55 PM »
Value Village also seems like they have donations from manufacturers. I can go to one location find something that looks new with tags or packaging and then go to another location months later and find the same thing in bulk. I'm in DC. There pricing here seems really good. They offer 25% off on Mondays and 25% on Thursdays if you have their card.

xx
What are some of your best picks ?

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post January 25, 2013, 10:21:05 AM
by Alias300
xx
Missed Picks

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post March 25, 2014, 01:42:01 AM
by Travis