Storage Auctions

Bought 12 Lockers Yesterday at One Auction!

Bought 12 Lockers Yesterday at One Auction!
« on: June 27, 2014, 09:36:01 AM »
38 Lockers for sale at a facility that hadn't had a sale in years.  Short story for now because I'm headed out to start loading.......ten people show up......most expensive locker goes for $210!  I ended up buying 12......couldn't pass them up with what I was seeing and the prices.......$678.00 for 12 lockers.......barely even got to look in them yet but already found a sterling silver flute worth at least $300! 

Update in the next couple days, I will be busy!  Let the fun begin!!

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Bought 12 Lockers Yesterday at One Auction!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 09:43:36 AM »
Wow...that should keep you busy for a while. It's gonna look like an episode of Sanford & Son at your place.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 11:29:59 AM »
Time to rent a big box truck to haul it all away easier.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 12:11:26 PM »
Time to rent a big box truck to haul it all away easier.

Yeah, and still make 3 trips! Hire some help on this one Teach. Save time and your back. Besides, it sounds like you're already in the profit. 

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 11:44:15 PM »
Very nice, certainly seems like crowds and prices are down.

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 04:52:56 AM »
Short update for now.....took a Chevy duramax diesel crew cab, and three helpers and myself.  Behind that was a 20 foot enclosed trailer.  We busted our butts all day long, but I got 9 lockers cleaned out completely and one almost done......so have two small lockers and a partial to go.....I'm just going to take the van down in the morning (I have a 2012 Chevy cargo van) and finish getting the rest of the stuff out. 

I plan on moving it into a new shop I'm getting on Tuesday, so then I will be able to sort it all and figure out where it all goes....ebay, craigslist, garage sale, auction house......wherever I think it will sell best and for the best profit. 

I will update a little more on anything good I find......there was some furniture and three twin beds that were all like new, and a nice antique secretary desk.....lots of tools, grinders, all kinds of painting stuff  (think maybe one of the guys was a professional house painter) and I got a bunch of arrows with broadheads, lots of kitchen stuff, and a bunch of it is new in boxes...some with receipts so I may even be able to return some for cash or store credit. 

There were also way too many books, and a bunch of clothes, a wine refrigerator, pictures, old fishing poles, a nice fiberglass step ladder, a futon ( I hate those things) lots of toys and kids stuff, a bunch of remote control airplanes, most of which have never been assembled and are still in the boxes, and a couple that have been.  I know there is at least one remote for the r/c planes also!   Anyway, I haven't dug into these things in detail by any means, these are just some of the items I remember seeing when we were loading up. 

I'm happy, but exhausted!

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 12:10:32 PM »
I ended up buying 12......couldn't pass them up with what I was seeing and the prices.......$678.00 for 12 lockers...

Did they charge you a cleaning deposit for each of the 12 units?

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 09:20:40 PM »
Did they charge you a cleaning deposit for each of the 12 units?

There is normally a $100 a unit deposit, but since the auctioneer knows me and I always clean my stuff out, he only charged me $200 total, and I got the rest of them cleaned out today and got my deposit back. 

I will let the stuff sit in the truck until Tuesday and then unload, so probably won't find out much more until then.

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 10:18:15 PM »
The most I ever bought at once was 2..

I couldn't handle 12 at once.

Offline House of Treasures

• We Buy Junk We Sell Antiques
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 04:48:24 PM »
Way to go teacher. Good things come to those who work hard.

xx
Bought two units yesterday did okay

Started by drbecker

2 Replies
Last post July 28, 2011, 08:01:12 PM
by monkeybusiness
xx
Bought 2 Units Yesterday

Started by CKnuth1

6 Replies
Last post November 24, 2011, 10:10:35 AM
by justacent