Storage Auctions

Got a 10x30

Re: Got a 10x30
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 08:39:39 PM »
Nice acman.  I must of pissed of Lady Luck and Murphy is screwing with me.   I'm coming up short so far on units.  Starting to have inventory overload here soon.

Keep up the runnint tally.  Love to read what others find when I'm in a slump.

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 07:44:43 AM »
Nice...450 doesnt seem that high from the looks of the unit. I was curious cause ive been lookin for 10x20's or 10x30's but dont seem to be finding any. The last one I ran across went for 380.

Good luck

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 07:00:41 PM »
Another locker with a PS2, really!  How many people are storing ps2's?

Found some xbox 360 hdd's and a hdmi hook up today. Lots of kids and board games. All boxes down unless I missed one. Still got garbage galore but hopefully it's only one more load.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 07:55:11 AM »
Another locker with a PS2, really!  How many people are storing ps2's?

Found some xbox 360 hdd's and a hdmi hook up today. Lots of kids and board games. All boxes down unless I missed one. Still got garbage galore but hopefully it's only one more load.

The way new video game consoles come out like every year or so, the "old" becomes obosolete in the minds of the owners/kids so those get stored and the "latest version" is kept.

For instance, got a unit the other day, PS2 console, PS2 games (mostly scratched up), new PS3 remote control, a couple of PS3 games, NO PS3 console. So it looks like they stored the "old" PS2 and kept the PS3, except they accidently? left the remote for the PS3 in the unit.

Offline acman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 03:33:32 PM »
The way new video game consoles come out like every year or so, the "old" becomes obosolete in the minds of the owners/kids so those get stored and the "latest version" is kept.

For instance, got a unit the other day, PS2 console, PS2 games (mostly scratched up), new PS3 remote control, a couple of PS3 games, NO PS3 console. So it looks like they stored the "old" PS2 and kept the PS3, except they accidently? left the remote for the PS3 in the unit.

I don't know why anyone would ever store a video game system though.  For the most part they are small enough to keep around. Hell I have no time to play my crap but I still have my PS2, N64, NES and 360 hooked up to my TV. 

Next point. I swear some people will buy anything. Sold 3 beds yesterday that were mehhhh for $40.  Got rid of the ****ty headboards but had to sell the frames with it. Then dude sees the $40(if brand new) dirt devil vacuum buys it for $8. Best part is I never tested the thing to see if it worked.  His buddy is interested in the broken rear projection tv, and for more then I'd get from scrap metal. Also wants a bunch of my dressers and he's willing to pay my asking price. This locker is so full of win.

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 03:45:47 PM »

Next point. I swear some people will buy anything.

dude, i think of this every time one my Ebay auction closes. the last unit i bought the previous owner was native american.  I found 5 pairs of moccasins, One pair was so dirty it was disgusting. I listed in on ebay for $10 and wrote under the item description " This item has been well used and REALLY dirty."  some lady bought it within the first day of listing.  I thought for sure that i was going to get negative feedback, but she wrote " thankyou , I love them , they are perfect for my collection, annie".

HAHA to agree with you.  PEOPLE WILL BUY ANYTHING!!!!

Offline acman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 08:17:27 PM »
I know SS# snooping and credit card snooping are no no's but what about gas station reward points?  These people left a Speedway rewards tag in the unit.  Do I go and try to redeem the points or not?  To be clear the card holds no actual credit card or personal info, just points that can be redeemed for gift cards, gas cards and the like.

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 08:53:51 PM »
I know SS# snooping and credit card snooping are no no's but what about gas station reward points?  These people left a Speedway rewards tag in the unit.  Do I go and try to redeem the points or not?  To be clear the card holds no actual credit card or personal info, just points that can be redeemed for gift cards, gas cards and the like.

I say do it!

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 10:25:12 PM »
Do I go and try to redeem the points or not?

Absolutely yes!

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 04:08:55 PM »
If it's not a credit card I check them out.  Found a Lowe's merchant card with 6.87 on it.  I check each and every gift card that I find.  Have a dillards card I have to take to the store to see if it has any cash on it.  Doubt it but next time I'm at the mall is worth a check.

Offline acman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 09:06:32 PM »
Score and no score tday!

Score was the fact that a coldstone creamery card had it's 10 bucks still on it and the Sirius XM gift card was legit, non score on a 50 buck rebate card and the gas station card was el busto!

Oh well, guess with what I have will be good until next month(assuming PS sucks this month) when this site holds it's next auction

Offline acman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 09:38:03 PM »
So, this is the reason I double check every box.  This unit is quickly turning into the Michigan version of Movieman's gun locker.

Going to get these appraised Thursday or Friday.

I'm thinking the bigger one might be about a $600 ring and the smaller one maybe $150.  Odd thing on the small one is it has no 14K stamp on it because it looks to have been cut off of someone's finger.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 09:42:22 PM »
Lookin' good, but where is the harmonica pistol, the Arctic Cat, the jet airplane model, the skip loader, the antique mining tools and gold and silver nuggets ?

Oh wait, that's on Spike tonight !  ;)

Congrats on the goodies !  ;D

Offline acman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 10:14:18 PM »
Lookin' good, but where is the harmonica pistol, the Arctic Cat, the jet airplane model, the skip loader, the antique mining tools and gold and silver nuggets ?

Oh wait, that's on Spike tonight !  ;)

Congrats on the goodies !  ;D

Duh, took those out already! lol

Offline acman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 10:46:42 AM »
Stones in rings were crap only got got scrap gold price.

xx
Placing a value on the unseen on 10x30's

Started by acman

19 Replies
Last post October 07, 2011, 01:44:44 PM
by acman