Storage Auctions

Stumbled across some goods from a unit didn't even know I had?

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Stumbled across some goods from a unit didn't even know I had?
« on: February 23, 2011, 10:14:48 PM »
I had a guy from craigslist today come to buy a bamboo chair I was selling. He was asking about other household stuff so we started going through tubs.

Wound up finding some stuff from an auction like 6 months ago that I never even looked through.

2 Complete Sets Noritake China Bout $22 a plate on Ebay

Lots of Lead Crystal Glassware

A Dozen Calphalon Pans Some around $80 on ebay some pretty cheap

Fishermans helper Cutco Knife Probably an Easy $60 on ebay, new over a hundo

That was a nice little surprise

Re: Stumbled across some goods from a unit didn't even know I had?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 11:32:47 PM »
I love it when that happens!  I found a black powder pistol from three months ago in a tub I had never looked through.  My friend asked me what I wanted to do with a tub he had in his hands, and I told him I better go through it because I hadn't got around to that one yet.  He pulls out a couple of things and I'd tell him to put it in the donate or sell box, depending on what it was.  Got down to about two layers of stuff wrapped in paper in the bottom and we both grabbed a piece.  Mine was a gold tinted coca cola glass and his was a matching pitcher.  I thought that was pretty cool, I'd sell those and make a couple of bucks at a garage sale.  Then he moved a few more pieces and he says "Dude, there's a gun in here"!  I thought yeah, right.  I told him maybe it's a cigarette lighter, because I absolutely did not expect any guns in this particular unit.  He kept insisting and pulled it out and said "here, unwrap it".  So, I did and it was a Spanish reproduction black powder pistol.  Pretty good shape, little minor rust, but looked and functioned fine.  Sold it for 75 bucks to another friend!

Moral of the story.....Check your tubs and boxes!

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 01:59:55 PM »
LOL ohh i know.

Yesterday i went thru 1 box and 3 black garbage bags i got in a unit i month ago. They have been in my storage collecting dust, becasue i thought it was junk.

Well the box had 9 brand new DVD's wrapped in plastic and a brand new hunting knife.

One of the black garbage bags was full of old magazines, and i did not think it was anything special, until i saw a collection of 6 old superbowl tickets and game programs. They are in 98% mint condition. They will slide right into my collection.

Offline ZoSo

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 03:39:54 PM »
The other weekend my wife and I were back in my home town visiting my folks and my sister asked me if my wife and I had any pics from **** we've got from unit.  She's curious because of the shows and we were going through the pics and came across a pearl bracelet that was missing a clasp.  My sister freaked, "You found a Mikimoto in a storage unit?"  My wife and I looked at each other confused, like, "you didn't tell me we had that?"  We had completely forgotten we still had it!  It still had the original case and authorization papers too. 

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 08:48:08 AM »
The other weekend my wife and I were back in my home town visiting my folks and my sister asked me if my wife and I had any pics from **** we've got from unit.  She's curious because of the shows and we were going through the pics and came across a pearl bracelet that was missing a clasp.  My sister freaked, "You found a Mikimoto in a storage unit?"  My wife and I looked at each other confused, like, "you didn't tell me we had that?"  We had completely forgotten we still had it!  It still had the original case and authorization papers too. 
That's a great score.  Get a jeweler to fix teh clasp and $$$.

xx
Didn't have enough cash

Started by Alias300

4 Replies
Last post May 14, 2013, 08:11:33 PM
by Alias300
xx
Hardest part that I didn't think of

Started by Buck

3 Replies
Last post July 23, 2012, 11:32:51 AM
by Alias300